SCJP going further?

Christian

Hi all,

I am a Sun Certified Java Programmer and a solid many years background
in programming with others languages/tools as Delphi, RDBMS (Oracle
Developer 2000), VisualC++, Fortran, etc.
At my job now I am programming in Java, C and C++.
A while ago I decided to become SCJP and I get it from first shot.
After that I started to prepare for SCWCD (Web Component Developer),
in progress, I created also my web demo site using J2EE.
In the same time I am very concern about J2EE future, versus .NET and
C#.

My question is: should I continue my preparation for J2EE (SCWCD) or
better switch to .NET, C#?

Thank you a lot,
Chris

Kevin Hooke

Why not diversify and gain knowledge (and certifications) with both J2EE and
..NET? No-one says you have to specialize in one or the other. If you have
knowledge in both then you may be more valuable and suitable for many more
opportunities than if you just specialized in one.

Dave Glasser

Hi all,

I am a Sun Certified Java Programmer and a solid many years background
in programming with others languages/tools as Delphi, RDBMS (Oracle
Developer 2000), VisualC++, Fortran, etc.
At my job now I am programming in Java, C and C++.
A while ago I decided to become SCJP and I get it from first shot.
After that I started to prepare for SCWCD (Web Component Developer),
in progress, I created also my web demo site using J2EE.
In the same time I am very concern about J2EE future, versus .NET and
C#.

Why are you concerned about J2EE's future? If .NET/C# were ever going
to catch fire, don't you think it would have happened by now,
considering how much it's been hyped by the industry press?