    information about this... give me how to prepare for scjp?

    Ven

    http://www.forum.careersengine.com
    Sri, Feb 5, 2008

  2. Sri

    Balaji Guest

    On Feb 5, 2:28 pm, Sri <> wrote:
    > Hi I want to know about SCJP 's and whether it adds value to my 4
    > yrs of IT experience in Java platform...can anybody give me
    > information about this... give me how to prepare for scjp?
    >
    > Ven
    >
    > http://www.forum.careersengine.com

    Hi,

    Below is the scjp syllabus 1 . 4 .........

    Section 1: Declarations and Access Control

    * Write code that declares, constructs and initializes arrays of
    any base type using any of the permitted forms both for declaration
    and for initialization.
    * Declare classes, nested classes, methods, instance variables,
    static variables and automatic (method local) variables making
    appropriate use of all permitted modifiers (such as public, final,
    static, abstract, etc.). State the significance of each of these
    modifiers both singly and in combination and state the effect of
    package relationships on declared items qualified by these modifiers.
    * For a given class, determine if a default constructor will be
    created and if so state the prototype of that constructor.
    * Identify legal return types for any method given the
    declarations of all related methods in this or parent classes.

    Section 2: Flow control, Assertions, and Exception Handling

    * Write code using if and switch statements and identify legal
    argument types for these statements.
    * Write code using all forms of loops including labeled and
    unlabeled, use of break and continue, and state the values taken by
    loop counter variables during and after loop execution.
    * Write code that makes proper use of exceptions and exception
    handling clauses (try, catch, finally) and declares methods and
    overriding methods that throw exceptions.
    * Recognize the effect of an exception arising at a specified
    point in a code fragment. Note: The exception may be a runtime
    exception, a checked exception, or an error (the code may include try,
    catch, or finally clauses in any legitimate combination).
    * Write code that makes proper use of assertions, and distinguish
    appropriate from inappropriate uses of assertions.
    * Identify correct statements about the assertion mechanism.

    Section 3: Garbage Collection

    * State the behavior that is guaranteed by the garbage collection
    system.
    * Write code that explicitly makes objects eligible for garbage
    collection.
    * Recognize the point in a piece of source code at which an object
    becomes eligible for garbage collection.

    Section 4: Language Fundamentals

    * Identify correctly constructed package declarations, import
    statements, class declarations (of all forms including inner classes)
    interface declarations, method declarations (including the main method
    that is used to start execution of a class), variable declarations,
    and identifiers.
    * Identify classes that correctly implement an interface where
    that interface is either java.lang.Runnable or a fully specified
    interface in the question.
    * State the correspondence between index values in the argument
    array passed to a main method and command line arguments.
    * Identify all Java programming language keywords. Note: There
    will not be any questions regarding esoteric distinctions between
    keywords and manifest constants.
    * State the effect of using a variable or array element of any
    kind when no explicit assignment has been made to it.
    * State the range of all primitive formats, data types and declare
    literal values for String and all primitive types using all permitted
    formats bases and representations.

    Section 5: Operators and Assignments

    * Determine the result of applying any operator (including
    assignment operators and instance of) to operands of any type class
    scope or accessibility or any combination of these.
    * Determine the result of applying the boolean equals (Object)
    method to objects of any combination of the classes java.lang.String,
    java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Object.
    * In an expression involving the operators &, |, &&, || and
    variables of known values state which operands are evaluated and the
    value of the expression.
    * Determine the effect upon objects and primitive values of
    passing variables into methods and performing assignments or other
    modifying operations in that method.

    Section 6: Overloading, Overriding, Runtime Type and Object
    Orientation

    * State the benefits of encapsulation in object oriented design
    and write code that implements tightly encapsulated classes and the
    relationships "is a" and "has a".
    * Write code to invoke overridden or overloaded methods and
    parental or overloaded constructors; and describe the effect of
    invoking these methods.
    * Write code to construct instances of any concrete class
    including normal top level classes and nested classes.

    Section 7: Threads

    * Write code to define, instantiate and start new threads using
    both java.lang.Thread and java.lang.Runnable.
    * Recognize conditions that might prevent a thread from executing.
    * Write code using synchronized wait, notify and notifyAll to
    protect against concurrent access problems and to communicate between
    threads.
    * Define the interaction among threads and object locks when
    executing synchronized wait, notify or notifyAll.

    Section 8: Fundamental Classes in the java.lang Package

    * Write code using the following methods of the java.lang.Math
    class: abs, ceil, floor, max, min, random, round, sin, cos, tan, sqrt.
    * Describe the significance of the immutability of String objects.
    * Describe the significance of wrapper classes, including making
    appropriate selections in the wrapper classes to suit specified
    behavior requirements, stating the result of executing a fragment of
    code that includes an instance of one of the wrapper classes, and
    writing code using the following methods of the wrapper classes (e.g.,
    Integer, Double, etc.):
    o o doubleValue
    o o floatValue
    o o intValue
    o o longValue
    o o parseXxx
    o o getXxx
    o o toString
    o o toHexString

    Section 9: The Collections Framework

    * Make appropriate selection of collection classes/interfaces to
    suit specified behavior requirements.
    * Distinguish between correct and incorrect implementations of
    hashcode methods.
    Balaji, Feb 5, 2008

  3. >Hi I want to know about SCJP 's credibility and whether it adds value
    >to my 2 yrs. of IT experience in Java platform...can anybody give me
    >information about this...

    You seem to be a bot, or just plain stupid, or it is just RARE
    coincidence that two guys ask exactly the same question, using almost
    the same words....
    Stefanie Ertheld, Feb 5, 2008