    could either grab real text or image as text and store it in an
    automated and predifined mode in a DB (no regard if it's Windows,
    oracle or Linux) ?
    pailleg, Jan 3, 2006

  2. pailleg

    Flash Gordon Guest

    pailleg wrote:
    > Is C the best language to program a screen capture application that
    > could either grab real text or image as text and store it in an
    > automated and predifined mode in a DB (no regard if it's Windows,
    > oracle or Linux) ?

    No, because C knows nothing about screens or DBs. On the other hand, a
    load of platform specific libraries glued together with some C code
    might be a good solution (or possibly not).

    You will have to look round for what decent cross-platform libraries are
    available (and they are not topical here, sorry) and see what languages
    they have interfaces for, then consider which language is best for the
    remaining code.

    Maybe asking in somewhere like comp.programming would be better starting
    point, since your question is not topical here where we only deal with
    standard C not the literally thousands of additional libraries you can
    use from C.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Jan 4, 2006

  3. pailleg

    Chuck F. Guest

    pailleg wrote:

    > Is C the best language to program a screen capture application
    > that could either grab real text or image as text and store it
    > in an automated and predifined mode in a DB (no regard if it's
    > Windows, oracle or Linux) ?

    No. I recommend system 360 assembly language.

    Chuck F., Jan 4, 2006