Screen capture application ...

pailleg

Is C the best language to program a screen capture application that
could either grab real text or image as text and store it in an
automated and predifined mode in a DB (no regard if it's Windows,
oracle or Linux) ?

Flash Gordon

pailleg said:
Is C the best language to program a screen capture application that
could either grab real text or image as text and store it in an
automated and predifined mode in a DB (no regard if it's Windows,
oracle or Linux) ?

No, because C knows nothing about screens or DBs. On the other hand, a
load of platform specific libraries glued together with some C code
might be a good solution (or possibly not).

You will have to look round for what decent cross-platform libraries are
available (and they are not topical here, sorry) and see what languages
they have interfaces for, then consider which language is best for the
remaining code.

Maybe asking in somewhere like comp.programming would be better starting
point, since your question is not topical here where we only deal with
standard C not the literally thousands of additional libraries you can
use from C.

Chuck F.

pailleg said:
Is C the best language to program a screen capture application
that could either grab real text or image as text and store it
in an automated and predifined mode in a DB (no regard if it's
Windows, oracle or Linux) ?
No. I recommend system 360 assembly language.