    so forth.

    Can I do that with pure asp without a component?

    Regards
    David Kuok, Nov 5, 2003

  2. David Kuok

    Don Verhagen Guest

    In news:0ff801c3a3ad$55f0f3f0$,
    David Kuok <> typed:
    : Dear Experts,
    :
    : In my ASP application, I have a chart that will popup in a
    : new window. From the opener window, I want to add a button
    : that will capture the chart to the clipboard and be able
    : to paste it to other application. I just want the client
    : area and don't want to include menu bar, address bar and
    : so forth.

    ASP has no clue what a clipboard or a window is. It runs on the server.

    Also, who's other application? The client's? You won't be able to do this
    without an ActiveX that the client has downloaded.

    Don

    :
    Don Verhagen, Nov 5, 2003

  3. David Kuok

    David Kuok Guest

    Don,

    Thanks for your response.

    I would like to be able to paste it to PowerPoint. If I
    need to have an ActiveX component, how can I get that done?

    David Kuok, Nov 5, 2003
  4. "David Kuok" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Experts,
    >
    > In my ASP application, I have a chart that will popup in a
    > new window. From the opener window, I want to add a button
    > that will capture the chart to the clipboard and be able
    > to paste it to other application. I just want the client
    > area and don't want to include menu bar, address bar and
    > so forth.
    >
    > Can I do that with pure asp without a component?

    Of course not, ASP is only server-side ...

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Nov 5, 2003
  5. Although you can not capture the chart, you can do something better. You can
    1. create an excel file, put the values and place the chart (in a way or
    another :)), or
    2. you can redraw the chart as a jpg using a component like ASPImage and
    visitors save it.

    Mohamed

    ---
    Mohamed Hosam, Nov 5, 2003