Screen refreshes form on some IE browsers

sman

Hi. I'm using a simple Perl script which has required fields. If the
user fails to fill in a field after submitting the form, they
encounter an error page that tells them which fields aren't filled in.
From the error page, they can either hit the back button or a link
I've set up in Javascript to take them back one page to the form.

A couple of people at my office running IE 6 on XP loose all content
on the form page once they've gone back to it. On my machine, running
XP IE 6, all content is still there. Anyone have any ideas about why
some people's machine loose the content and others don't? And what
could I do about it?

Thanks!
Sean

Neal

Hi. I'm using a simple Perl script which has required fields. If the
user fails to fill in a field after submitting the form, they
encounter an error page that tells them which fields aren't filled in.
From the error page, they can either hit the back button or a link
I've set up in Javascript to take them back one page to the form.

A couple of people at my office running IE 6 on XP loose all content
on the form page once they've gone back to it. On my machine, running
XP IE 6, all content is still there. Anyone have any ideas about why
some people's machine loose the content and others don't? And what
could I do about it?

Thanks!
Sean

Sounds like a security precaution to me. Doubtful there's a reliable
workaround, short of users changing their settings to allow this.

Perhaps you can have that form page repeated on the destination page, and
send the valid values to the new form.

Jeffrey Silverman

A couple of people at my office running IE 6 on XP loose all content on
the form page once they've gone back to it. On my machine, running XP IE
6, all content is still there. Anyone have any ideas about why some
people's machine loose the content and others don't? And what could I do
about it?

Thanks!
Sean

Cache or security settings differ from machine to machine.

Oh, and it's "lose" not "loose" BTW.

Neal

Maybe they do loose the content on the form page - it could be strewn
around all over the place?

I've loosed all the content, may it crawl the Web unfettered!

That'd be weird. Maybe better we can't.

Jeffrey Silverman

I've loosed all the content, may it crawl the Web unfettered!

That'd be weird. Maybe better we can't.

I've got something loose, and it sure isn't content.