screen scraping a Windows text box

WFDGW2

I want to write or obtain C++ code that will scrape text from a dialog
box within a poker client, and then record that text somewhere else.

What do I do? Thanks.

Puppet_Sock

I want to write or obtain C++ code that will scrape text from a dialog
box within a poker client, and then record that text somewhere else.

What do I do? Thanks.

You need to post in a newsgroup that deals with Windows.
Something with microsoft or dos or windows in the name.
Here we speak about the standard C++ language.

Try searching at groups.google.com for a news group that
deals with the kind of thing you are dealing with.
Socks

Ron AF Greve

Hi,

Assuming MS-Windows every window has an id. You have to try to get the id of
the window somehow from the window hierarchy. After that GetWindowText might
get the text.

Or if you know the class name and window name use findwindow to get a handle
to the window.

Microsoft Spy++ utility might help a bit.

Things to lookup on MSDN
FindWindow
GetWindowText
Spy++