screen scraping question

niv

Hello,

I would like to screen scrape certain parts of a
webpage...how can I do this in asp.net

For instance.... a stockticker thats embeded on a
webpage.. I dont want the entire page.. I would like just
the stock ticker...

Thanks for your help,

niv

Scott Allen

You can use the WebRequest or WebClient classes from the System.Net
namespace to pull the entire page down. Then you'll need to use string
functions like IndexOf or RegEx pattern matching to locate the exact
section of the page with the information you need. Hopefully there
will be something unique near the content you need that you can search
for.

I have an article with some example code:
http://odetocode.com/Articles/162.aspx