Screen Size

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Phillip Mann, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Phillip Mann

    Phillip Mann Guest

    Phillip Mann, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Phillip Mann

    Karl Groves Guest

    Karl Groves, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Phillip Mann

    Phillip Mann Guest

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:37:44 -0400, "Karl Groves"
    <> wrote:

    >"Phillip Mann" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
    >> computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

    >http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
    >http://www.webstyleguide.com/page/layout.html
    >http://www.digital-web.com/tutorials/tutorial_1999-10.shtml
    >http://www.evolt.org/article/rudy/20/15177/
    >http://webtips.dan.info/tables.html
    >http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=2684/nam1012432092/index.html
    >
    >-Karl

    Thanks, Karl!!!

    Phil

    www.BluegrassBanjo.com
    www.BluegrassBanjo.org

    Phillip Mann, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Phillip Mann wrote:

    > Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
    > computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

    Get some duct tape (brucie ought to be able to supply) and cover over
    about 7 of those inches of your desktop monitor.

    Different monitors are just different. Your web site will never look the
    *same* on them all. Settle for something that looks *good* on them all.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Phillip Mann

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:p>
    Toby A Inkster <> said:

    > Get some duct tape (brucie ought to be able to supply)

    of course, i have many colors/width/styles available. the most popular
    at the moment being a deep maroon with little red love hearts pierced
    with an embossed gold arrow. its a very nice quality product. if anyone
    would like samples and demonstrations of use i am available to visit.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Phillip Mann

    rosco Guest

    Excellent references. Gracias

    ---------
    Rosco

    rosco, Apr 28, 2004
  7. Phillip Mann <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
    > computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

    The size of the monitor is irrelevant. It's the number of pixels in
    the X/Y axes that are important. For example, my laptop, running at
    1280x1024 has far more pixels and a larger canvas, than a desktop
    running at 640x480.

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 28, 2004