    method works only on text mode, and getimage() stores the
    image....PLEASE help me out.....

    Thank you...
    Harsha, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Harsha schrieb:
    > Hi...
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me how to store contents on the screen
    > to the memory and subsequently access them in graphics mode.....to
    > elaborate a bit, i need to store a portion of the screen on to the
    > memory and then compare it with other strings......The gettext()
    > method works only on text mode, and getimage() stores the
    > image....PLEASE help me out.....
    >
    > Thank you...

    well, i think that depends on your os, plattform, compiler, and so on...
    as far as i know, there is no indepent c++ solution.
    sorry,
    christian
    Christian Johannes Charbula, Sep 14, 2007

  3. Harsha

    Harsha Guest

    On Sep 14, 7:51 pm, Christian Johannes Charbula <charb...@racon-
    linz.at> wrote:
    > Harsha schrieb:
    >
    > > Hi...

    > > Could anyone please tell me how to store contents on the screen
    > > to the memory and subsequently access them in graphics mode.....to
    > > elaborate a bit, i need to store a portion of the screen on to the
    > > memory and then compare it with other strings......The gettext()
    > > method works only on text mode, and getimage() stores the
    > > image....PLEASE help me out.....

    > > Thank you...

    > well, i think that depends on your os, plattform, compiler, and so on...
    > as far as i know, there is no indepent c++ solution.
    > sorry,
    > christian

    I am using turboc compiler for dos/windows....ok, i will elaborate
    further...I am tryin to make program which stores students records,
    the records will be displayed as a list, and when one wants to delete
    a record s/he has to click on particular record and press delete...I
    want to know how to capture the clicked record and compare it with the
    stored record and delete it subsequently...any ideas, please
    help.....Thanks...
    Harsha, Sep 14, 2007
  4. Harsha schrieb:
    > I am using turboc compiler for dos/windows....ok, i will elaborate
    > further...I am tryin to make program which stores students records,
    > the records will be displayed as a list, and when one wants to delete
    > a record s/he has to click on particular record and press delete...I
    > want to know how to capture the clicked record and compare it with the
    > stored record and delete it subsequently...any ideas, please
    > help.....Thanks...

    i'm sorry, i don't know about turbo-c's gui (or is ist dos).
    maybe u should post this in a turbo-c forum.

    if u'r using a gui-framework i'm sure there is an easy way to get back a
    reference to the selected item, without 'screenreading'

    otherway if u are using dos, u should think about somthing like:
    which record is the first in the list.
    how many lines are between the first entry and the mouse-click.
    than u can calculate some kind of index u can use.

    for further question, refer the docu, look in some turbo-c homepages or
    try to find a news-group about turbo-c.

    sorry
    ..christian
    Christian Johannes Charbula, Sep 14, 2007
  5. Harsha

    Jim Langston Guest

    "Christian Johannes Charbula" <> wrote in message
    > Harsha schrieb:
    >> I am using turboc compiler for dos/windows....ok, i will elaborate
    >> further...I am tryin to make program which stores students records,
    >> the records will be displayed as a list, and when one wants to delete
    >> a record s/he has to click on particular record and press delete...I
    >> want to know how to capture the clicked record and compare it with the
    >> stored record and delete it subsequently...any ideas, please
    >> help.....Thanks...

    > i'm sorry, i don't know about turbo-c's gui (or is ist dos).
    > maybe u should post this in a turbo-c forum.
    >
    > if u'r using a gui-framework i'm sure there is an easy way to get back a
    > reference to the selected item, without 'screenreading'
    >
    > otherway if u are using dos, u should think about somthing like:
    > which record is the first in the list.
    > how many lines are between the first entry and the mouse-click.
    > than u can calculate some kind of index u can use.
    >
    > for further question, refer the docu, look in some turbo-c homepages or
    > try to find a news-group about turbo-c.

    Ask in a newsgroup for your OS. comp.os.msdos.programmer may be a good
    place or microsoft.public.win32.programmer or such.

    If I was doing this I would just get the position the mouse was clicked on,
    compare it to the position of the window, then calculate which line was
    clicked and go from there. But again, OS specific.
    Jim Langston, Sep 14, 2007
  6. Harsha

    Harsha Guest

    On Sep 15, 1:40 am, "Jim Langston" <> wrote:
    > "Christian Johannes Charbula" <> wrote in messagenews:46eaa860$0$12671$...
    >

    > > Harsha schrieb:
    > >> I am using turboc compiler for dos/windows....ok, i will elaborate
    > >> further...I am tryin to make program which stores students records,
    > >> the records will be displayed as a list, and when one wants to delete
    > >> a record s/he has to click on particular record and press delete...I
    > >> want to know how to capture the clicked record and compare it with the
    > >> stored record and delete it subsequently...any ideas, please
    > >> help.....Thanks...

    > > i'm sorry, i don't know about turbo-c's gui (or is ist dos).
    > > maybe u should post this in a turbo-c forum.

    > > if u'r using a gui-framework i'm sure there is an easy way to get back a
    > > reference to the selected item, without 'screenreading'

    > > otherway if u are using dos, u should think about somthing like:
    > > which record is the first in the list.
    > > how many lines are between the first entry and the mouse-click.
    > > than u can calculate some kind of index u can use.

    > > for further question, refer the docu, look in some turbo-c homepages or
    > > try to find a news-group about turbo-c.

    > Ask in a newsgroup for your OS. comp.os.msdos.programmer may be a good
    > place or microsoft.public.win32.programmer or such.
    >
    > If I was doing this I would just get the position the mouse was clicked on,
    > compare it to the position of the window, then calculate which line was
    > clicked and go from there. But again, OS specific.

    Thanks for the suggestion, i will definitely try it out......
    Harsha, Sep 15, 2007