Screen to Memory.....

Harsha

Hi...

Could anyone please tell me how to store contents on the screen
to the memory and subsequently access them in graphics mode.....to
elaborate a bit, i need to store a portion of the screen on to the
memory and then compare it with other strings......The gettext()
method works only on text mode, and getimage() stores the
image....PLEASE help me out.....

Thank you...

Christian Johannes Charbula

Harsha said:
Hi...

Could anyone please tell me how to store contents on the screen
to the memory and subsequently access them in graphics mode.....to
elaborate a bit, i need to store a portion of the screen on to the
memory and then compare it with other strings......The gettext()
method works only on text mode, and getimage() stores the
image....PLEASE help me out.....

Thank you...

well, i think that depends on your os, plattform, compiler, and so on...
as far as i know, there is no indepent c++ solution.
sorry,
christian

Harsha

well, i think that depends on your os, plattform, compiler, and so on...
as far as i know, there is no indepent c++ solution.
sorry,
christian

I am using turboc compiler for dos/windows....ok, i will elaborate
further...I am tryin to make program which stores students records,
the records will be displayed as a list, and when one wants to delete
a record s/he has to click on particular record and press delete...I
want to know how to capture the clicked record and compare it with the
stored record and delete it subsequently...any ideas, please
help.....Thanks...

Harsha said:
I am using turboc compiler for dos/windows....ok, i will elaborate
further...I am tryin to make program which stores students records,
the records will be displayed as a list, and when one wants to delete
a record s/he has to click on particular record and press delete...I
want to know how to capture the clicked record and compare it with the
stored record and delete it subsequently...any ideas, please
help.....Thanks...

i'm sorry, i don't know about turbo-c's gui (or is ist dos).
maybe u should post this in a turbo-c forum.

if u'r using a gui-framework i'm sure there is an easy way to get back a
reference to the selected item, without 'screenreading'

otherway if u are using dos, u should think about somthing like:
which record is the first in the list.
how many lines are between the first entry and the mouse-click.
than u can calculate some kind of index u can use.

for further question, refer the docu, look in some turbo-c homepages or
try to find a news-group about turbo-c.

sorry
..christian

Jim Langston

Christian Johannes Charbula said:
i'm sorry, i don't know about turbo-c's gui (or is ist dos).
maybe u should post this in a turbo-c forum.

if u'r using a gui-framework i'm sure there is an easy way to get back a
reference to the selected item, without 'screenreading'

otherway if u are using dos, u should think about somthing like:
which record is the first in the list.
how many lines are between the first entry and the mouse-click.
than u can calculate some kind of index u can use.

for further question, refer the docu, look in some turbo-c homepages or
try to find a news-group about turbo-c.

Ask in a newsgroup for your OS. comp.os.msdos.programmer may be a good
place or microsoft.public.win32.programmer or such.

If I was doing this I would just get the position the mouse was clicked on,
compare it to the position of the window, then calculate which line was
clicked and go from there. But again, OS specific.

Harsha

Ask in a newsgroup for your OS. comp.os.msdos.programmer may be a good
place or microsoft.public.win32.programmer or such.

If I was doing this I would just get the position the mouse was clicked on,
compare it to the position of the window, then calculate which line was
clicked and go from there. But again, OS specific.

Thanks for the suggestion, i will definitely try it out......