screwed up in mozilla why?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Richard

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:

    >http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/
    >
    >While the page looks just fine in IE 6, in mozilla it looks like crapola.
    >Would be this due to the image sizing or what?

    Looks the same in Opera 7 as in Gecko browsers. It's due to the CSS
    code having been written to fit IE's bugs. With a few tweaks I've
    gotten it looking mostly the same in IE6, NN7.1 and Opera 7.23. I
    would post a fixed page but you would only complain if I did, so
    instead you have to start by adding a width to div.window and by
    adding a clear to div.floor2. Then tweak other values as needed.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Steve Pugh" <> wrote in message
    > "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:
    >
    > >http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/
    > >
    > >While the page looks just fine in IE 6, in mozilla it looks like crapola.
    > >Would be this due to the image sizing or what?

    > Looks the same in Opera 7 as in Gecko browsers. It's due to the CSS
    > code having been written to fit IE's bugs. With a few tweaks I've
    > gotten it looking mostly the same in IE6, NN7.1 and Opera 7.23. I
    > would post a fixed page but you would only complain if I did, so
    > instead you have to start by adding a width to div.window and by
    > adding a clear to div.floor2. Then tweak other values as needed.
    >
    > Steve

    We learn by doing right?
    I'll fiddle around with it and when it works in mozilla the way it's
    supposed to, then I'll be satisfied. Sort of.
    I kind of figured it's the simple things.

    Richard, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Steve Pugh wrote:

    > "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:

    >>http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/
    >>
    >>While the page looks just fine in IE 6, in mozilla it looks like crapola.
    >>Would be this due to the image sizing or what?

    > Looks the same in Opera 7 as in Gecko browsers. It's due to the CSS
    > code having been written to fit IE's bugs. With a few tweaks I've
    > gotten it looking mostly the same in IE6, NN7.1 and Opera 7.23. I
    > would post a fixed page but you would only complain if I did, so
    > instead you have to start by adding a width to div.window and by
    > adding a clear to div.floor2. Then tweak other values as needed.

    > Steve

    Got the image problem solved anyway.
    Working on the other two problems now.
    Maybe a few zillion I should say?