Script Callback in ASP.Net 2.0 events to handle

Guest

I have a page that simply displays a list of links as anchors<a>. The links
are generated from the database in a loop and written out to a table cell
that reads a short text description of the link, and writes it to a div that
was hidden. It also moves the div using absolute positining to be slightly
offset from the locus of the mouse click. The anchors each have an
onmouseout javascript that should rehide the div. Everything works fine
except for two problems.

1. If the user swipes the mouse quickly over the list of links it usually
fails to fire the last onmouseout event so the div is not hidden and instead,
is dragged around the window with the mouse until it runs over another link.

2. Whenever the callback returns the entire browser contents have a
pronounced flickerthat is somwhat annoying.

I am primarily concerned with the first problem. I want the div to remain
as long as the mouse is hovering on the link but it absolutely has to go away
when its not over one of the hyperlinks. IMHO if the mouse went over the the
link and the mouseover was fired as evidenced by the appearance of the div
contents, and the mouse no longer is over the link, then onmouseout should
have fired, and it usually does. But scroll across 5 links in a hurry it
should be five pairs of events fired, right?

There is a similar and real cool out of band callback thing going on at
netflix which you can see here if you rollover the links to the movies:
http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection

Thanks for any help guys.