<Script> code is getting ignored in few cases

suresht.rsl

Hi All,

I am having a JSP file which is making call to a CORBA function. After
getting the response if there is no error, <SCRIPT> code is there
which is responsible for opening another window and display the result.
CORBA function is used for placing some orders.
Just before <SCRIPT> code I am printing JSP log and in script code I
have put an alert msg.
In normal situation log is getting printed and also alert msg is
coming, so new window is getting opened. But it seems like when when
order to be placed is big and taking long time to get it done, only log
is getting printed but no alert msg and no new window.
One more point I would like to tell is this problem is occuring on few
systems (not every systems) when I am trying these two seperate
situation from one more machine it is running very smoothly.
I am not sure whether it is because of some <SCRIPT> timeout or browser
setting. Please help me in this. I am putting part of the code here.

if (!tmp_svc_desig_type.equals("CORE-T3") &&
(!tmp_svc_desig_type.startsWith("CCAPT3") &&
!tmp_svc_desig_type.startsWith("CTT3"))) {
System.out.println("Opening Order Response Window"); /*log getting
printed each time */
%> //immediate line is <SCRIPT> code
<script>
// problem with this script, sometimes
and on some machines it is
// getting executed and sometime getting
ignored
alert("just before calling display result javascript method");
displayResult();
</script>
<% }

// here is the implementation of script method
<script>
function displayResult() {
document.proces.action =
"CNIOrdResponse.jsp";