Script editor server control

Bill Youngman

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a script editor server
control?

I have developed a web app that includes an "editor" (textarea control) in
it and I have to use that term very loosely because all it does is display
the source for any page that is loaded into it. If you want to do any
editing in place you have to scroll to where you want to edit and it large
files that is pretty cumbersome, usually what the user does is copy the text
to an editor of their choosing outside of the app, make any changes and then
copy the new text back into the textarea and then save the file.

I am looking for a control that I can replace the textarea with that would
allow the user to do a 'Find & Replace', a 'Go To' - simple things like
that; however, if I could get my hands on something that did that might have
different text settings for different things in the file (e.g. variables set
to display in green, comments in blue, etc) that would be cool too.

All I've been able to find so far are html wysiwyg editor controls for
editing/creating web pages from w/in another web page - not what I want.

TIA,
Bill Youngman