    Dave Guest

    Is there an easy way to determine how long it took a particular page to
    execute?

    Dave, Jul 20, 2004

  2. You could set a time variable at the top of the page, and compare with the
    time at the end of the page. The difference is the time you want.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Jul 20, 2004

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Manohar Kamath [MVP] wrote:

    > You could set a time variable at the top of the page, and compare with the
    > time at the end of the page. The difference is the time you want.

    Would you be able to give me an example? :)

    Dave, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Dave

    Auric__ Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:25:53 -0400, Dave wrote:

    >Manohar Kamath [MVP] wrote:
    >
    >> You could set a time variable at the top of the page, and compare with the
    >> time at the end of the page. The difference is the time you want.
    >>

    >Would you be able to give me an example? :)

    At the very top:
    <% x = Timer %>

    At the very bottom:
    <%
    y = Timer
    z = x - y
    Response.Write "z = " & z
    %>
    --
    auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
    *****

    Auric__, Jul 20, 2004
  5. "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Manohar Kamath [MVP] wrote:
    >
    > > You could set a time variable at the top of the page, and compare with

    the
    > > time at the end of the page. The difference is the time you want.
    > >

    > Would you be able to give me an example? :)

    Dim start
    start = Timer
    ' Do some stuff
    Response.Write Timer - start

    Chris Hohmann, Jul 20, 2004
  6. Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 21, 2004
  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Chris Hohmann wrote:
    > "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Manohar Kamath [MVP] wrote:
    >>

    >>>You could set a time variable at the top of the page, and compare with

    > the
    >
    >>>time at the end of the page. The difference is the time you want.
    >>>

    >>Would you be able to give me an example? :)

    > Dim start
    > start = Timer
    > ' Do some stuff
    > Response.Write Timer - start

    wow. didn't think it was T H A T easy! ;)

    Dave, Jul 21, 2004