script hangs while waiting for user input

Jule Nissen

Hi!

I want to send e-mail automatically from windows with help of "win32ole"
and outlook. I wrote two short scripts:

1. one that sends the mail and

2. one that sends the keystrokes to the outlook security alert. (the
security alert pops up, because it could be a virus which sends the
e-mail.)

Is there a possibility to combine these to scripts in one? I tried a lot
of different things, but the script hangs while outlook is waiting for
the user input. That's why I have to set up two cron-jobs. One script
would make the whole thing less error prone (no timing issues with the
cron-jobs).

Thanks for your help!

/landge

Aldric Giacomoni

There is something online which allows you to turn off / bypass that
security feature.
Look up "Advanced Security for Outlook 1.43" by Mapilab.

Glen Holcomb

Hi!

I want to send e-mail automatically from windows with help of "win32ole"
and outlook. I wrote two short scripts:

1. one that sends the mail and

2. one that sends the keystrokes to the outlook security alert. (the
security alert pops up, because it could be a virus which sends the
e-mail.)

Is there a possibility to combine these to scripts in one? I tried a lot
of different things, but the script hangs while outlook is waiting for
the user input. That's why I have to set up two cron-jobs. One script
would make the whole thing less error prone (no timing issues with the
cron-jobs).

Thanks for your help!

/landge
An alternative to turning off the feature might be threads. It might be
tricky though depending on if/how things block in this situation. Although
if you are using Ruby 1.9 that shouldn't be an issue.

--=20
so loud, I can=92t hear a word you=92re saying."

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

Jule Nissen

Glen said:
An alternative to turning off the feature might be threads. It might be
tricky though depending on if/how things block in this situation.
Although
if you are using Ruby 1.9 that shouldn't be an issue.

I tried threads - but it didn't work. Didn't know that the Ruby-version
is important... Will check if 1.9 is installed.

Thanks

Jule Nissen

Aldric said:
There is something online which allows you to turn off / bypass that
security feature.
Look up "Advanced Security for Outlook 1.43" by Mapilab.

I'll try that, thanks!

Glen Holcomb

I tried threads - but it didn't work. Didn't know that the Ruby-version
is important... Will check if 1.9 is installed.

Thanks
1.9 uses OS Native threads while 1.8 uses green threads so if the ruby
process is blocked then your "threads" a potentially blocked. I've never
tried threads with 1.9 in Windows though so I don't know how they behave.