<script language="JavaScript" for="window">

Grant Wagner

Amir said:
What the for="window" is used for in the <script> tag?
TIA

<url:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/script.asp
/>
specifically:
<url:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/htmlfor_0.asp
/>

Note that "This property is defined in World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C) Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2", however I'm not
certain Gecko-based browsers honor <SCRIPT FOR="..." ..>.

--
| Grant Wagner <[email protected]>

* Client-side Javascript and Netscape 4 DOM Reference available
at:
*

*

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Note that "This property is defined in World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C) Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2", however I'm not
certain Gecko-based browsers honor <SCRIPT FOR="..." ..>.

Microsoft is being a little optimistic here. The "for" attribute is
*not* defined in W3C DOM 2 DOM. It is an HTML attribute for label
elements (the associated DOM property is called "htmlFor" since "for"
is a keyword in most languages). There is no "for" attribute for script
tags in HTML, and no similar property on DOM script elements.

/L