<script language="vb" runat=server> versus <% %>

jason

Pardon the newbie question...

What's the difference between (asp.net)VB code inside one versus the
other. And why have both?

Craig Deelsnyder

Pardon the newbie question...

What's the difference between (asp.net)VB code inside one versus the
other. And why have both?

There is no difference, assuming your app's default language (set in the
page or web.config) is set to VB. The second one is shorthand for the
first, it'll assume the default language of your app (or page)....I
recommend using the former though for clarity as the latter was more of
an ASP legacy notation, which I don't know if it's frowned upon using
now....