Script stops working in .NET 2.0

Guest

I'm converting a web form from 1.1 to 2.0 that has numerous postbacks, and to
stop the page from constantly going back to the top the developer before me
implemented javascript code to perform this (as opposed to smartNavigation.)
Since I converted to 2.0, the page constantly goes back to teh top whenever
it posts back, and I get a page error (the little warning sign in the status
bar of the browser.) I even tried enabling in the <%@ code,
MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true". But that didn't do anything either.
I'm also working on converting this page to be XHTML compliant, so I don't
know if any of the page changes I made have affected the functionality
either. I could post the code here if necessary. The javascript is called
using a "Page.RegisterStartupScript" function, which I also found out is
obsolete, but I can't figure out how to get the new
Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript to work either. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.