Script that Fills Table with Copies of First Cell

Gord

http://eastontario.com/promo/tableCellMultiplier.htm

For a rectangular/square n column, m row table, this script formats so
that all cells hold the same contents.

Check out the source and vary for your standard html first cell and
number of columns and rows.

Comments to (e-mail address removed) without the NOSPAM

I'm interested in how this might be used for your organization

Randy Webb

Gord said:
http://eastontario.com/promo/tableCellMultiplier.htm

For a rectangular/square n column, m row table, this script formats so
that all cells hold the same contents.

Check out the source and vary for your standard html first cell and
number of columns and rows.

Comments to (e-mail address removed) without the NOSPAM

I'm interested in how this might be used for your organization

Error: firstTd is not defined
Source File: http://eastontario.com/promo/tableCellMultiplier.htm
Line: 77

Which makes it useless to me, my personal organization, and the
organization that I work for.

Gord

Randy Webb said:
Error: firstTd is not defined
Source File: http://eastontario.com/promo/tableCellMultiplier.htm
Line: 77

Which makes it useless to me, my personal organization, and the
organization that I work for.

It works in my version of IE 6.0, but not in my version of Netscape
7.1
Can anyone suggest a Netscape fix?
In my version of Netscape 7.1, the script doesn't even evoke an error
message (more than a total failure?)
Is this to be another IE restricted script?
Are there Netscape compatibility experts out there with nothing better
to do?

(e-mail address removed)

Randy Webb

Gord said:
It works in my version of IE 6.0, but not in my version of Netscape
7.1
Can anyone suggest a Netscape fix?

My error message was given to me by Mozilla, in the Javascript console.

Netscape 7:

Error: firstTd is not defined
Source File: http://eastontario.com/promo/tableCellMultiplier.htm
Line: 77

Same error message.

Tools>Web Development>Javascript Console
Will show you the error message.
In my version of Netscape 7.1, the script doesn't even evoke an error
message (more than a total failure?)

See above.
Is this to be another IE restricted script?

The way its written, yes. Once you get the firstTD issue resolved, you
will run into the very next thing on that line, the outerHTML, which is
IE only.
Are there Netscape compatibility experts out there with nothing better
to do?

You aren't hunting a "Netscape compatibility expert", you are hunting a
script person who can write solid code that is cross-browser compatible.
Its not that much more difficult than writing IE-only code, and once you
start using the cross-browser methods, you won't even realize you are
doing it anymore.