Script to convert Tcl scripts to Python?

Achillez

Hi,

I have a 10k+ line Tcl program that I would like to auto convert over to
Python. Do any scripts exist that can convert ~90% of the standard Tcl
syntax over to Python? I know Python doesn't handle strings, but just for
general syntax e.g., puts > print, expr > math operations

thanks

Helmut Jarausch

Achillez said:
Hi,

I have a 10k+ line Tcl program that I would like to auto convert over to
Python. Do any scripts exist that can convert ~90% of the standard Tcl
syntax over to Python? I know Python doesn't handle strings, but just for
general syntax e.g., puts > print, expr > math operations

I asked a similar question some time ago. The summary was - don't do it!
Instead, a Tcl interpreter could be loaded and given the job to do.
I think that's similar to what Tkinter does.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University