Script to edit PSD files

Gustaf B

Hi
Is there any way to edit a PSD file trough ASP ?
For example if I make a templimate with photoshop with a textfield
then i want to change the textfields value trough the script and then render
the
new file as an image.

Ive seen alot of components that can render PSD files but none that can edit
them.
Is it possible ?

/Gustaf

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

I would imagine there are some tidbits in the Adobe PhotoShop SDK, but you
are largely on your own on figuring this one out. PSD is a proprietary
format. Component Source has some third party components that might be
useful in a web application:
http://www.componentsource.com/Catalog.asp?fl=&bc=&sc=CS&cv=re&sr=PSD.
Realize you will have to embed an ActiveX control for your editor if you go
this route.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Might also want to visit Adobe licensing and/or call their lawyers, if
you're trying to emulate Photoshop in a browser. ;-)

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

No doubt Aaron. Do doubt.

I would imagine the third party controls would solve that issue, but I would
be sure before offering "PhotoShop on the Web".

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!