    </script>
    </head>

    How would I do this using Classic ASP?
    jp2code, Sep 13, 2007

  2. jp2code

    Evertjan. Guest

    jp2code wrote on 13 sep 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Using JavaScript, I can open a document in a new window like so:

    > <head>
    > <title></title>
    > <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
    > window.open("index.htm", "new",

    use ,"_blank",

    vut the settings of the browser prioritize

    [off topic]

    > "width=200,height=100,toolbar=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,location=no,st
    > atus=no,directories=no");
    > </script>
    > </head>
    >
    > How would I do this using Classic ASP?

    You cannot, as ASP is serverside and has no notion
    of windows, window tabs, etc.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 13, 2007

  3. jp2code

    jp2code Guest

    Ok, then can I write some Classic ASP code to set browser values (size,
    menubar, location, etc.) for the current page when it loads (which is all I
    need)? If so, how?

    jp2code, Sep 13, 2007
  4. "jp2code" wrote:
    > Ok, then can I write some Classic ASP code to set browser values
    > (size, menubar, location, etc.) for the current page when it loads
    > (which is all I need)?

    No.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Sep 13, 2007
  5. jp2code

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "jp2code" <poojo.com/mail> wrote:

    >Ok, then can I write some Classic ASP code to set browser values (size,
    >menubar, location, etc.) for the current page when it loads (which is all I
    >need)? If so, how?

    Your ASP code will write out the javascript code that actually opens
    the new window, right? You can write the parameters you want into the
    javascript code at that time.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt
    Tim Slattery, Sep 13, 2007
  6. jp2code

    jp2code Guest

    But JavaScript can not modify the window that it is in. Right?

    So, basically, this can't be done.

    Drats. That sure would have been slick if I could have gotten it to work.

    jp2code, Sep 13, 2007
  7. "jp2code" wrote:
    > So, basically, this can't be done.
    >
    > Drats. That sure would have been slick if I could have gotten it to work.

    So slick that you could have had your own exploit named after you.

    Remember life before pop-up blockers? There's a reason you can no longer do
    as much to the browser as you once could. Heck, IE once allowed you to open
    windows off-screen. Imagine the fun pranks you could pull off with your
    window out-of-sight. Whee!

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Sep 13, 2007
  8. jp2code

    jp2code Guest

    Yeah, I suppose so.

    My app is for my personal use. I've got something here for testing on, and
    it needs to occupy the full size of the touch screen, which is on my second
    display.

    Right now, to get it to work, I have to execute one page with some script
    that calls the other to open. With the other page open, I can close the
    first one and get back to work.

    I guess I can understand not wanting to put that ability out there, though.

    jp2code, Sep 13, 2007
  9. "jp2code" <poojo.com/mail> wrote in message
    > Yeah, I suppose so.
    >
    > My app is for my personal use. I've got something here for testing on, and
    > it needs to occupy the full size of the touch screen, which is on my

    second
    > display.
    >
    > Right now, to get it to work, I have to execute one page with some script
    > that calls the other to open. With the other page open, I can close the
    > first one and get back to work.
    >
    > I guess I can understand not wanting to put that ability out there,

    though.

    Sounds like you need kiosk mode.

    iexplorer.exe -k "<url>"

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Sep 14, 2007
  10. jp2code

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "jp2code" <poojo.com/mail> wrote:

    >But JavaScript can not modify the window that it is in. Right?

    Hmm... IE supports window.resizeBy(...) and window.resizeTo(...)
    methods (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535873.aspx# and
    click "methods"). These are non-standard, so you can't depend on any
    other browser to support them. I don't know whether Firefox does or
    not.

    Tim Slattery, Sep 14, 2007