script to open page in new window

jp2code

Using JavaScript, I can open a document in a new window like so:

<head>
<title></title>
window.open("index.htm", "new",
"width=200,height=100,toolbar=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,location=no,status=no,directories=no");
</script>
</head>

How would I do this using Classic ASP?

Evertjan.

jp2code wrote on 13 sep 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Using JavaScript, I can open a document in a new window like so:

<head>
<title></title>
window.open("index.htm", "new",

use ,"_blank",

vut the settings of the browser prioritize

[off topic]
"width=200,height=100,toolbar=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,location=no,st
atus=no,directories=no");
</script>
</head>

How would I do this using Classic ASP?

You cannot, as ASP is serverside and has no notion
of windows, window tabs, etc.

jp2code

Ok, then can I write some Classic ASP code to set browser values (size,
menubar, location, etc.) for the current page when it loads (which is all I
need)? If so, how?

Dave Anderson

jp2code said:
Ok, then can I write some Classic ASP code to set browser values
(size, menubar, location, etc.) for the current page when it loads
(which is all I need)?

No.

Tim Slattery

jp2code said:
Ok, then can I write some Classic ASP code to set browser values (size,
menubar, location, etc.) for the current page when it loads (which is all I
need)? If so, how?

Your ASP code will write out the javascript code that actually opens
the new window, right? You can write the parameters you want into the
javascript code at that time.

jp2code

But JavaScript can not modify the window that it is in. Right?

So, basically, this can't be done.

Drats. That sure would have been slick if I could have gotten it to work.

Dave Anderson

jp2code said:
So, basically, this can't be done.

Drats. That sure would have been slick if I could have gotten it to work.

So slick that you could have had your own exploit named after you.

Remember life before pop-up blockers? There's a reason you can no longer do
as much to the browser as you once could. Heck, IE once allowed you to open
windows off-screen. Imagine the fun pranks you could pull off with your
window out-of-sight. Whee!

jp2code

Yeah, I suppose so.

My app is for my personal use. I've got something here for testing on, and
it needs to occupy the full size of the touch screen, which is on my second
display.

Right now, to get it to work, I have to execute one page with some script
that calls the other to open. With the other page open, I can close the
first one and get back to work.

I guess I can understand not wanting to put that ability out there, though.

Anthony Jones

jp2code said:
Yeah, I suppose so.

My app is for my personal use. I've got something here for testing on, and
it needs to occupy the full size of the touch screen, which is on my second
display.

Right now, to get it to work, I have to execute one page with some script
that calls the other to open. With the other page open, I can close the
first one and get back to work.

I guess I can understand not wanting to put that ability out there, though.

Sounds like you need kiosk mode.

iexplorer.exe -k "<url>"