script which display a hint when you move mouse above some element

Pawel_Iks

Hello, I need help with some script. Let's assume that I have a html
paragraph containing tags a:

.... ble ble <a id='link1' href='#'>link1</a> ...
<a ...> </a>...

and I want to write the script which will be displaying the div (I
don't know wheater this div element should exist staticaly or it
should be created dynamicly by onMouseOver event) and the left upper
corner of this div will be displayed in the point when I move the
mouse on the element <a>. I also expect that this script will be
showing different information acording to the id filed for the a tags
(for example div with content 'you move above a with id: link1')

SAM

Pawel_Iks a écrit :
Hello, I need help with some script. Let's assume that I have a html
paragraph containing tags a:

... ble ble <a id='link1' href='#'>link1</a> ...
<a ...> </a>...

and I want to write the script which will be displaying the div (I
don't know wheater this div element should exist staticaly or it
should be created dynamicly by onMouseOver event) and the left upper
corner of this div will be displayed in the point when I move the
mouse on the element <a>. I also expect that this script will be
showing different information acording to the id filed for the a tags
(for example div with content 'you move above a with id: link1')

css :
=====
a { position: relative }
a span { display none; position: absolute; border: 1px solid;
background:#ffc; top: 0; left: 0; text-decoration: none}
a:hover span { display: block; z-index: 99; }

HTML:
=====

Tom de Neef

Pawel_Iks said:
Hello, I need help with some script. Let's assume that I have a html
paragraph containing tags a:

... ble ble <a id='link1' href='#'>link1</a> ...
<a ...> </a>...

and I want to write the script which will be displaying the div (I
don't know wheater this div element should exist staticaly or it
should be created dynamicly by onMouseOver event) and the left upper
corner of this div will be displayed in the point when I move the
mouse on the element <a>. I also expect that this script will be
showing different information acording to the id filed for the a tags
(for example div with content 'you move above a with id: link1')

There is a nice javascript for mouseovers called boxover.js. See what
happens when you move over the elements in www.qolor.nl/spelling/ww.htm (It
stops when you click "Volgende opg." - which is the normal thing to do on
this page. It is for training Dutch conjugations, but that's irrellevant
here.) The title and text of the tooltips are placed in the html elements as
follows: <tag title="header=[ ..your header text...] body=[ ... your body
text, which may contain html elements ...]"> ... </tag>.
If you can't find a download site for boxover, take the script from above
link at /data/wwBoxover.js.

Tom

Pawel_Iks

Pawel_Iks said:
[...]

thx Tom, I were looking exactly the same thing as you show me by this
link, but I'm interesting not in using such script written by someone
else but to write similar script :)