scriptaculous queue question

dan.hobbs

I have a question about using the scriptaculous javascript effects
library. I am writing a slideshow application and would like to set
something up to fade out an image, then change the image source, then
make the new image appear. I know how to set the Fade and Appear
effects up to queue them together so they don't overlap, but I'm not
sure of the best way to change the image source between the effects.
Right now I've set the effects to each last 1 second. I then set a
timer to change the image source after 1 second. This works prety well,
but there is still a little jumpiness sometimes. Any good ideas on how
to add this to the effects queue?

Vincent van Beveren

but there is still a little jumpiness sometimes. Any good ideas on how
to add this to the effects queue?

Hi Dan,

Well, I have no experience with scriptaculous, but you might try
preloading the images (if you don't already). If its still jumpy, I
wouldn't know how to fix that.

Vincent