ScriptEngine threw expection ... Error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ritche, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Ritche

    Ritche Guest

    I have a redirect page using PerlScript titled
    clickthru.asp:
    <%@LANGUAGE="PerlScript"%>
    <%
    my $url = $Request->QueryString('url')->Item();
    $Response->Redirect($url);
    %>

    I keep running into the following error when I click on an
    ad from a test page:
    Error Type:
    Active Server Pages, ASP 0240 (0x80004005)
    A ScriptEngine threw expection 'C0000005'
    in 'IActiveScript::SetScriptState()'
    from 'CActiveScriptEngine::ReuseEngine()'.
    /ads/clickthru.asp

    Has anyone run into this situation and could possibly help
    me out? I don't know what else to do short of learning
    Visual Basic as an alternative.

    Thanks,
    Ritche
    Ritche, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Ritche

    Steven Burn Guest

    I don't actually know Perl myself but, I'd guess the problem is due to;

    > my $url = $Request->QueryString('url')->Item();
    > $Response->Redirect($url);

    If Perlscript works the same as VBScript, then you'd need to change it to;

    $url = $Request->QueryString('url')->Item();
    $Response->Redirect($url);

    See if this works (uses VBScript)

    <%@ Language="VBScript" %>
    <%
    sURL = Request.Querystring("url")
    Response.Redirect sURL
    %>

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Ritche

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Try the script below to see if it is something specific to perlscript

    <%@LANGUAGE="vbscript"%>
    <%
    dim url
    url = Trim(Request.QueryString("url"))
    Response.Redirect url
    %>

    If the above works but the perlscript doesn't you will probably need to
    track down a perlscript newsgroup for help.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Ritche

    Ritche Guest

    I gave your idea a try and still encountered the same
    error. It seems to be specific to the Perl engine. I tried
    to find some answers at ActiveState but was unsuccessful.
    Thank you for your time. -Ritche

    Ritche, Jun 24, 2004
  5. Ritche

    Ritche Guest

    Thanks for the script. You're right about it being Perl
    specific. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck getting
    any answers from anyone using ActiveState's ActivePerl who
    ran into my situation. Thanks again, Ritche

    Ritche, Jun 24, 2004