ScriptEngine threw expection ... Error

Ritche

I have a redirect page using PerlScript titled
clickthru.asp:
<%@LANGUAGE="PerlScript"%>
<%
my $url = $Request->QueryString('url')->Item();
$Response->Redirect($url);
%>

I keep running into the following error when I click on an
ad from a test page:
Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0240 (0x80004005)
A ScriptEngine threw expection 'C0000005'
in 'IActiveScript::SetScriptState()'
from 'CActiveScriptEngine::ReuseEngine()'.
/ads/clickthru.asp

Has anyone run into this situation and could possibly help
me out? I don't know what else to do short of learning
Visual Basic as an alternative.

Thanks,
Ritche

Steven Burn

I don't actually know Perl myself but, I'd guess the problem is due to;
my $url = $Request->QueryString('url')->Item();
$Response->Redirect($url);

If Perlscript works the same as VBScript, then you'd need to change it to;

$url = $Request->QueryString('url')->Item();
$Response->Redirect($url);

See if this works (uses VBScript)

<%@ Language="VBScript" %>
<%
sURL = Request.Querystring("url")
Response.Redirect sURL
%>

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Mark Schupp

Try the script below to see if it is something specific to perlscript

<%@LANGUAGE="vbscript"%>
<%
dim url
url = Trim(Request.QueryString("url"))
Response.Redirect url
%>

If the above works but the perlscript doesn't you will probably need to
track down a perlscript newsgroup for help.

Ritche

I gave your idea a try and still encountered the same
error. It seems to be specific to the Perl engine. I tried
to find some answers at ActiveState but was unsuccessful.
Thank you for your time. -Ritche

Ritche

Thanks for the script. You're right about it being Perl
specific. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck getting
any answers from anyone using ActiveState's ActivePerl who
ran into my situation. Thanks again, Ritche