scripting a web site w/Javascript

Patrick Useldinger

Hi all,

I would like to script a specific website. I've had a start with
httplib, but now I need to push a button (<input type=button>) that
triggers a Javascript function and then directs to some URL. Obviously,
I cannot just go to the URL because the function would not get executed.

Can something like this be done via httplib? If not, is there a library
available to do it?

I would like to avoid scripting a browser (in this case, this would be
IE 5.5 or IE 6 on a windows box).

I'd be more than happy for ideas.

Regards,
-pu

Paul Rubin

Patrick Useldinger said:
I would like to script a specific website. I've had a start with
httplib, but now I need to push a button (<input type=button>) that
triggers a Javascript function and then directs to some
URL. Obviously, I cannot just go to the URL because the function would
not get executed.

Can something like this be done via httplib? If not, is there a
library available to do it?

You pretty much have to examine the javascript and figure out what it
really sends to the server when you press the button. Then program
httplib or urllib to send the same thing.

Neil Hodgson

Patrick Useldinger:
I would like to script a specific website. I've had a start with
httplib, but now I need to push a button (<input type=button>) that
triggers a Javascript function and then directs to some URL. Obviously,
I cannot just go to the URL because the function would not get executed.

Can something like this be done via httplib? If not, is there a library
available to do it?

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/DOMForm/

The JavaScript didn't work out for me a few months ago but the other
libraries available from this site helped write some tools for testing a web
site.

Neil