Scripting object acts strange

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by bogdan, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. bogdan

    bogdan Guest

    Hi All,

    I have updated today two of the machines with the recent hot fix
    and after rebooting, my usually properly working script
    opening file for reading stopped working.

    I have following lines

    Set fso=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    file_name ="C:\inetpub\te\dump\9.dmp"

    If (fso.FileExists(file_name)) Then
    Set dumpin = fso_OpenTextFile(file_name)
    end if

    There are no errors at that line, which
    returns true indicating that I can see the file

    If (fso.FileExists(file_name)) Then

    but the line
    Set dumpin = fso_OpenTextFile(file_name)
    hangs without error.

    The same script works fine on another server
    which has been updated with latest hot fix so
    I'm not sure if the hot fix is the problem.
    I have re-installed SP-4 but this didn't help.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Regards

    Bogdan Fiedur

    AdlandPro World's Classifieds
    Get Linked from over 15,000 Classifieds with one click.
    http://www.adlandpro.com

    bogdan, Feb 12, 2004

  2. bogdan

    Atrax Guest

    Atrax, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Disbale script blocking in Norton Anti Virus.

    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Feb 12, 2004