scripting with comdlg32

Mike S.

I have a project where i need to be able to reference the common
dialog with javascript. O joy. i too have discovered that the control
only works on my development machines. I tried the OBJECT tags and the
lpk_tool (complete with the vb5 creation utility (ack). None of this
helped.

So the question i have is this. Is anyone out there delivering a
scripted page that allows their clients browsers to referece this
activeX object? If so how???
Is there some magic registry setting(s). Is the license manager
disabled or missing in win95?

If i load VB or VC++ on a machine the browser can suddenly access the
control.
The lpk_tool and license manager doesn't seem to do anything.
JFileChooser with swing is out of the question since it requires all
of my clients to load the Java plugin... sigh.

And no, the crcp was no help. The control works great in VB but says
it cannot access the client site when referencing ShowOpen thru
javascript. Seems like the CCRP stuff really created activeX objects
for VB use and not for scripting?

Thanks in Advance for any help!