ScriptResource.axd is occasionally throwing Server Error (500) RSS

Amit

In one of .Net 2.0 application, we start getting application server error 500
for ScriptResource.axd after several hrs/days of use. This happens all of
sudden without any warning. The app would work fine for several hrs/days and
then at one moment it would start throwing this error. Saving web.config
solves the problem. The problem would probably be solved by restarting the
app pool also but since we don't have access to the web servers, we use the
saving of web.config as quick fix. Search on the net doesn't get anything
useful. The actual error message from the server is

Server Error in '/' Application.
Cannot perform CAS Asserts in Security Transparent assemblies

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot perform CAS
Asserts in Security Transparent assemblies

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Cannot perform CAS Asserts in Security
Transparent assemblies]
Microsoft.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.DecryptString(String s) +37

Microsoft.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +325

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.832