Scripts for parsing Received: headers in emails

Discussion in 'Python' started by Benjamin Han, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Benjamin Han

    Benjamin Han Guest

    A while ago I asked if anyone knows a module for parsing Received: headers
    in emails. Apparently my guess was wrong (that someone already wrote it in
    Python). I got an email pointing me to Spambayes project, however the tokenizer
    doesn't seem like doing a lot on the Received headers (especially when
    comparing to SpamAssassin's code).

    So I wrote a small set of scripts for doing this:

    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~benhdj/Code/receivedDB.v0_1-20040114.tar.gz

    It's based on SpamAssassin's Received.pm script, but I separated patterns
    from the code. Patterns of all known headers are kept in a text database
    file so new entries can be added without touching anything else.

    I hope this is useful to someone else too - and of course any patch to
    increase the coverage of the database is welcome!

    Ben

    Benjamin Han, Jan 14, 2004