    OK, I have a couple of pages on my site that doesn't need a scroll bar yet I
    have the boxes at the top and bottom of my page. Does anyone know how to get
    rid of them?
    Helen, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Helen

    saz Guest

    In article <csf59s$v6i$>,
    says...
    > OK, I have a couple of pages on my site that doesn't need a scroll bar yet I
    > have the boxes at the top and bottom of my page. Does anyone know how to get
    > rid of them?

    If you mean the grayed-out boxes, no you can't get rid of them.
    saz, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Helen

    Helen Guest

    "saz" <> wrote in message
    > If you mean the grayed-out boxes, no you can't get rid of them.

    Thanks, but I think I got it sorted.What it was was that I have my scrollbar
    to coordinate with the rest of the site but some of the pages do not need a
    scroll bar as the content doesn't fill the whole page, so I was left with a
    box at the top and at the bottom which is the bit with the arrow in it so I
    just changed the colour of the arrow box. Seems to of worked.
    Helen, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Helen

    saz Guest

    In article <csf6i7$cib$>,
    says...

    > "saz" <> wrote in message
    > > If you mean the grayed-out boxes, no you can't get rid of them.

    > Thanks, but I think I got it sorted.What it was was that I have my scrollbar
    > to coordinate with the rest of the site but some of the pages do not need a
    > scroll bar as the content doesn't fill the whole page, so I was left with a
    > box at the top and at the bottom which is the bit with the arrow in it so I
    > just changed the colour of the arrow box. Seems to of worked.

    Be aware that it will only work in IE.
    saz, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Helen

    rf Guest

    "Helen" <> wrote
    > "saz" <> wrote in message
    > > If you mean the grayed-out boxes, no you can't get rid of them.

    > Thanks, but I think I got it sorted.What it was was that I have my

    scrollbar
    > to coordinate with the rest of the site but some of the pages do not need

    > scroll bar as the content doesn't fill the whole page,

    On *your* system.

    How do you know it does not fill the whole page on *my* system?

    > so I was left with a
    > box at the top and at the bottom which is the bit with the arrow in it so

    > just changed the colour of the arrow box. Seems to of worked.

    Which only works in IE and will really annoy anybody who *needs* those
    scroll bar arrows.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 17, 2005
  6. Helen

    Helen Guest

    "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote in message
    > On *your* system.
    >
    > How do you know it does not fill the whole page on *my* system?

    mmm....hadn't thought of that! I'm so used to sorting the site at 1024x768
    screen resolution now.
    Any ideas on how to get rid of them boxes then for those that have that
    screen size?

    > Which only works in IE and will really annoy anybody who *needs* those
    > scroll bar arrows.

    Well it's only on like three pages, and as people know where the scroll bar
    is and they should still be able to use it.

    Helen, Jan 17, 2005
  7. Helen

    rf Guest

    "Helen" <> wrote

    > "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote in message
    > > On *your* system.
    > >
    > > How do you know it does not fill the whole page on *my* system?
    > >

    > mmm....hadn't thought of that! I'm so used to sorting the site at 1024x768
    > screen resolution now.

    > Any ideas on how to get rid of them boxes then for those that have that
    > screen size?

    > Well it's only on like three pages,

    So, whats the problem? Every other page in the world displays on IE with an
    empty scroll bar. That is simply how IE works.

    > and as people know where the scroll bar
    > is and they should still be able to use it.

    Would they? I really don't thinkso. It there is no visual scroll bar over
    there --> I think the majority of people would think that there is no scroll
    bar.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 17, 2005
  8. Helen

    > So, whats the problem? Every other page in the world displays on IE with

    an
    > empty scroll bar. That is simply how IE works.

    You're probably right. I guess I'm just not used to seeing them as I've had
    a domain redirecting thing which didn't show them but they now show them
    since I've moved my domain to my server. Oh well, guess it isn't that
    important.
    Helen, Jan 17, 2005