    'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way to
    remove this bottom bar?

    Brian.

    Brian Robertson, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Brian Robertson

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:43:27 GMT
    Brian Robertson scribed:

    > I am building a site with a disclaimer on the front page. I have decided
    > to contain this in a scrollable box by using
    >
    > overflow: scroll
    >
    > This works and there is a scroll bar on the right, but there is a
    > 'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way to
    > remove this bottom bar?

    If you use overflow:auto, whatever scrollbar will appear only when needed.

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

    Bone Ur, Nov 9, 2007

  3. Scripsit Brian Robertson:

    > I am building a site with a disclaimer on the front page.

    Please tell me you're joking.

    > I have decided to contain this in a scrollable box

    You _are_ joking, right?

    > This works

    Nobody reads the disclaimer, and it has no real impact on anything. The only
    thing you achieve is that you make the page look lousy. Is this your
    definition of "works"?

    > and there is a scroll bar on the right, but there is a
    > 'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way
    > to remove this bottom bar?

    Remove the disclaimer. Problem solved.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Nov 9, 2007
  4. Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > Scripsit Brian Robertson:
    >
    >> I am building a site with a disclaimer on the front page.

    > Please tell me you're joking.
    >
    >> I have decided to contain this in a scrollable box

    > You _are_ joking, right?
    >
    >> This works

    > Nobody reads the disclaimer, and it has no real impact on anything. The
    > only thing you achieve is that you make the page look lousy. Is this
    > your definition of "works"?
    >
    >> and there is a scroll bar on the right, but there is a
    >> 'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way
    >> to remove this bottom bar?

    > Remove the disclaimer. Problem solved.

    Many thanks for your interesting opinions.

    Brian.

    Brian Robertson, Nov 9, 2007
  5. Brian Robertson wrote:
    > Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >> Scripsit Brian Robertson:
    >>
    >>> I am building a site with a disclaimer on the front page.

    >> Please tell me you're joking.
    >>
    >>> I have decided to contain this in a scrollable box

    >> You _are_ joking, right?
    >>
    >>> This works

    >> Nobody reads the disclaimer, and it has no real impact on anything.
    >> The only thing you achieve is that you make the page look lousy. Is
    >> this your definition of "works"?
    >>
    >>> and there is a scroll bar on the right, but there is a
    >>> 'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way
    >>> to remove this bottom bar?

    >> Remove the disclaimer. Problem solved.
    >>

    > Many thanks for your interesting opinions.

    Problem solved.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan