Scroll bars

Brian Robertson

I am building a site with a disclaimer on the front page. I have decided
to contain this in a scrollable box by using

overflow: scroll

This works and there is a scroll bar on the right, but there is a
'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way to
remove this bottom bar?

Brian.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:43:27 GMT
Brian Robertson scribed:
I am building a site with a disclaimer on the front page. I have decided
to contain this in a scrollable box by using

overflow: scroll

This works and there is a scroll bar on the right, but there is a
'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way to
remove this bottom bar?

If you use overflow:auto, whatever scrollbar will appear only when needed.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Brian Robertson:
I am building a site with a disclaimer on the front page.

Please tell me you're joking.
I have decided to contain this in a scrollable box

You _are_ joking, right?
This works

Nobody reads the disclaimer, and it has no real impact on anything. The only
thing you achieve is that you make the page look lousy. Is this your
definition of "works"?
and there is a scroll bar on the right, but there is a
'ghost' scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing. Is there any way
to remove this bottom bar?

Remove the disclaimer. Problem solved.

Brian Robertson

Jukka said:
Scripsit Brian Robertson:

Please tell me you're joking.

You _are_ joking, right?

Nobody reads the disclaimer, and it has no real impact on anything. The
only thing you achieve is that you make the page look lousy. Is this
your definition of "works"?

Remove the disclaimer. Problem solved.

Many thanks for your interesting opinions.

Brian.