Scrollable DIV

David uk

I have a div that currently has standard scroll bars on it. However I
would like to replace them with custom scroll bars or a button at the
top and bottom which moves the text contained within it up and down.
It must be compatible with Firefox. Does anyone have any suggestions
or know an internet reference that I can look at to get some ideas?

Adrienne Boswell

I have a div that currently has standard scroll bars on it. However I
would like to replace them with custom scroll bars or a button at the
top and bottom which moves the text contained within it up and down.
It must be compatible with Firefox. Does anyone have any suggestions
or know an internet reference that I can look at to get some ideas?

Visitors are used to their browser chrome. If you make something "custom",
they might:
a) be confused
b) it may not work for them at all

Why do you want to reinvent the wheel?

dorayme

Adrienne Boswell said:
Visitors are used to their browser chrome. If you make something "custom",
they might:
a) be confused
b) it may not work for them at all

Why do you want to reinvent the wheel?

I agree, it is unlikely to be worth the effort, I bet there are
other things demanding OPs time more urgently on his site. How
about posting a url so we can have a feeding frenzy and the worst
in everyone can be be exhausted so making the streets that little
bit safer.