Scrollable Grid

tshad

I was just looking at a site that had scrollable grids and was wondering how
that is done?

It was an aspx page, but I have only seen Datagrids that were
non-scrollable. You can page a grid but I have never seen an option to make
a grid scrollable.

Does anyone know how that is done?

Thanks,

Tom

John Mott

The primary trick is to put the gridview inside a DIV tag that has a height
and an overflow-y:scroll so that it creates a scroll bar, so the gridview
itself doens't do the scrolling. If you want to have the headers in a fixed
position above the scrolling gridview you copy the header row with
javascript. There is a good example here, i've done it before based on this
logic.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/ScrollingGridView.asp

john

tshad

John Mott said:
The primary trick is to put the gridview inside a DIV tag that has a
height and an overflow-y:scroll so that it creates a scroll bar, so the
gridview itself doens't do the scrolling. If you want to have the headers
in a fixed position above the scrolling gridview you copy the header row
with javascript. There is a good example here, i've done it before based
on this logic.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/ScrollingGridView.asp

Div was the way to do it. I didn't realize it had an overflow attribute.
I also create a table with just one row to handle the header.

Here is the way I did it:

#000000;width:475px;overflow: auto;">
<asp:DataGrid
Visible=true