    two splitted bottom frames. Is this possible in html language? I can
    also use some javascript if needed.

    Thank everyone for help.
    lucab761, Aug 4, 2005

  2. lucab761

    SpaceGirl Guest

    lucab761 wrote:
    > Hi! I would create a html page containing 3 frames; one top orizontal
    > frame and a bottom frame split in other two vertical frame. I would
    > create a vertical scrollbar in the bottom frame that could scroll both
    > two splitted bottom frames. Is this possible in html language? I can
    > also use some javascript if needed.
    >
    > Thank everyone for help.

    Yes, but you're better off doing it in CSS. You dont need any
    javascript. Look up CSS positioning, <div> tags and the CSS overflow
    property.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    # this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
    # explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
    # to duplicate this post.
    SpaceGirl, Aug 4, 2005

  3. lucab761

    lucab761 Guest

    Thanks very much. Tomorrow I'll try to use css tags. I'll notify you my
    progresses.
    cya!
    lucab761, Aug 4, 2005
  4. lucab761

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, lucab761 quothed:

    > Hi! I would create a html page containing 3 frames;

    Frames are your friends, but they have bitter enemies.

    > one top orizontal
    > frame and a bottom frame split in other two vertical frame.

    Never seen an orizontal frame.

    > I would
    > create a vertical scrollbar in the bottom frame that could scroll both
    > two splitted bottom frames.

    One scrollbar for two, I say 2, frames?? Hmm, that could be sticky.

    > Is this possible in html language?

    Html isn't a language, it's an institution! (-Some people call it an
    asylum.)

    > I can also use some javascript if needed.

    But what will your non-javascript visitors say?

    > Thank everyone for help.

    Thanks are gratuitous until you've been flamed.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 5, 2005
  5. lucab761

    lucab761 Guest

    I found the way! I used IFRAME Tag.
    lucab761, Aug 5, 2005
  6. lucab761

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    > Html isn't a language, it's an institution! (-Some people call it an
    > asylum.)

    So what does the "L" in HTML stand for then? :)

    SpaceGirl, Aug 5, 2005
  7. lucab761

    SpaceGirl Guest

    lucab761 wrote:
    > I found the way! I used IFRAME Tag.

    iframes still require the browser to load multiple pages in, and can get
    you in a real mess with bookmarking. CSS is better. You should avoid all
    types of frames unless there is no other way of doing the particular
    layout you want to do (rare, but sometimes frames are useful).

    SpaceGirl, Aug 5, 2005
  8. lucab761

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, SpaceGirl quothed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    > > Html isn't a language, it's an institution! (-Some people call it an
    > > asylum.)
    > >

    > So what does the "L" in HTML stand for then? :)

    Loses.

    (H)e (T)hat (M)arks-up (L)oses

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 5, 2005
  9. lucab761

    lucab761 Guest

    Thanks very much SpaceGirl!! I'll try to build my page also with css
    statements benchmarking the two different performances.
    Cya!
    lucab761, Aug 8, 2005