scrollbar with internet explorer

lucab761

Hi! I would create a html page containing 3 frames; one top orizontal
frame and a bottom frame split in other two vertical frame. I would
create a vertical scrollbar in the bottom frame that could scroll both
two splitted bottom frames. Is this possible in html language? I can
also use some javascript if needed.

Thank everyone for help.

SpaceGirl

lucab761 said:
Hi! I would create a html page containing 3 frames; one top orizontal
frame and a bottom frame split in other two vertical frame. I would
create a vertical scrollbar in the bottom frame that could scroll both
two splitted bottom frames. Is this possible in html language? I can
also use some javascript if needed.

Thank everyone for help.

Yes, but you're better off doing it in CSS. You dont need any
javascript. Look up CSS positioning, <div> tags and the CSS overflow
property.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
# explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
# to duplicate this post.

lucab761

Thanks very much. Tomorrow I'll try to use css tags. I'll notify you my
progresses.
cya!

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, lucab761 quothed:
Hi! I would create a html page containing 3 frames;

Frames are your friends, but they have bitter enemies.
one top orizontal
frame and a bottom frame split in other two vertical frame.

Never seen an orizontal frame.
I would
create a vertical scrollbar in the bottom frame that could scroll both
two splitted bottom frames.

One scrollbar for two, I say 2, frames?? Hmm, that could be sticky.
Is this possible in html language?

Html isn't a language, it's an institution! (-Some people call it an
asylum.)
I can also use some javascript if needed.

But what will your non-javascript visitors say?
Thank everyone for help.

Thanks are gratuitous until you've been flamed.

SpaceGirl

Neredbojias said:
Html isn't a language, it's an institution! (-Some people call it an
asylum.)

So what does the "L" in HTML stand for then? :)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
# explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
# to duplicate this post.

SpaceGirl

lucab761 said:
I found the way! I used IFRAME Tag.

iframes still require the browser to load multiple pages in, and can get
you in a real mess with bookmarking. CSS is better. You should avoid all
types of frames unless there is no other way of doing the particular
layout you want to do (rare, but sometimes frames are useful).

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
# explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
# to duplicate this post.

lucab761

Thanks very much SpaceGirl!! I'll try to build my page also with css
statements benchmarking the two different performances.
Cya!