    then I would like to see the scrollbar.

    Is there any code to do this?

    Graham.

    Graham, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Graham

    Jay Guest

    "Graham" <_NOSPAM> wrote in message
    news:4023b9cc$0$33$...
    > I have a few pages that are all fixed in size on my intranet within a

    frame,
    > I've stopped to horizontal scrollbar by changing the width in my table but
    > can't get rid of the vertical scrollbar by doing the same.
    >
    > When I have a page with a small amount of text on the page then I don't

    want
    > the scrollbar, but when I have a page with more text than can fit on a

    page
    > then I would like to see the scrollbar.
    >
    > Is there any code to do this?

    It's all about the sizing. What is the URL to the site?

    - J

    Jay, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Graham

    Els Guest

    Graham wrote:

    > I have a few pages that are all fixed in size on my intranet within a frame,
    > I've stopped to horizontal scrollbar by changing the width in my table but
    > can't get rid of the vertical scrollbar by doing the same.
    >
    > When I have a page with a small amount of text on the page then I don't want
    > the scrollbar, but when I have a page with more text than can fit on a page
    > then I would like to see the scrollbar.
    >
    > Is there any code to do this?

    Only way I know (mind you, that doesn't mean much ;-) ), is
    using a different browser. Moz and Opera don't show
    scrollbars when they're not needed.
    But the scrollbar in IE isn't really there, only the space
    for it is there. If you are seeing a real scrollbar (working
    and stuff), means your page is longer than you thought.
    And there is code to hide the scrollbar, but you might not
    like it if people with smaller browser windows can't scroll
    to get to your content.

    --
    Els

    Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

    Els, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Graham

    chris Guest

    maybe scrollbars=auto