    I understand how to allow scrolling inside frames of a frameset. But how can
    I have the whole frameset scroll if someone's resolution isn't tall enough
    to fit the entire frameset on their screen?

    news, Aug 12, 2004

  2. news

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "news" <> wrote in
    news:XFNSc.55$:

    > I understand how to allow scrolling inside frames of a frameset. But
    > how can I have the whole frameset scroll if someone's resolution isn't
    > tall enough to fit the entire frameset on their screen?

    If you didn't use frames, these problems would not exist.

    If you want to include files within one another, see about preprocessing or
    SSI in <http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?include_one_file_in_another>.

    Why are frames evil? <http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil>

    You can problably get the entire frameset to scroll by putting it in an
    inline frame. However, if you do so, you'll have _major_usability_issues_.

    So the only good advice I can give you is to stop using frames.

    --
    Anqdc>

    Sam Hughes, Aug 12, 2004

  3. news

    Els Guest

    news wrote:

    > I understand how to allow scrolling inside frames of a
    > frameset. But how can I have the whole frameset scroll if
    > someone's resolution isn't tall enough to fit the entire
    > frameset on their screen?

    Quick answer:
    Put the frames in another frame.

    Correct answer: