Scrolling an iFrame in IE7

jerrygarciuh

Hello, have been using this code on an image with success in all major
browsers

onClick="parent.scroller.scrollBy(-100,0)"

also have used

onClick="parent.scroller.scrollTo(-100,0)"

until client calls today reporting failure in IE7. I assume an easy
fix and I tried accessing the frame by getElementById; I tried
window.frames[0]; I tried window.frames['framename']. Most of my
attempts work in
IE 6, FF, and Opera but not IE 7.

I google for hours...

Halp!! What does IE 7 want me to use to scroll my iframe?

Please someone?!

JG

jerrygarciuh

Hello, have been using this code on an image with success in all major
browsers

onClick="parent.scroller.scrollBy(-100,0)"

also have used

onClick="parent.scroller.scrollTo(-100,0)"

until client calls today reporting failure in IE7. I assume an easy
fix and I tried accessing the frame by getElementById; I tried
window.frames[0]; I tried window.frames['framename']. Most of my
attempts work in
IE 6, FF, and Opera but not IE 7.

I google for hours...

Halp!! What does IE 7 want me to use to scroll my iframe?

Please someone?!

JG

Well, I am relived but at such a cost!

The culprit was the difference in the way that IE 6 vs IE 7 handles
this:

body {
overflow:hidden;
}

IE 6 still sees the content as scrollable but IE 7 does not!

I'm going to bed.

JG