Scrolling iframes

Gary

If one has two iframes side by side is it possible to get them both to
scroll when the user scrolls one of them? If it is possible is there a
reference that will help me in solving this.

Someone suggested I try this group.

Gary

Gary

Thanks for the replys.

Stephen: I am using iframes not fixed frames so I don't have framesets.

Tim: I am using a Unix system and the browser doesn't seem to support
jscript.

Gary

Randy Webb

Gary said the following on 4/21/2006 1:54 PM:

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.

Thanks for the replys.

Stephen: I am using iframes not fixed frames so I don't have framesets.

IFrames and Frames are accessed with the same syntax so whether it is
"IFrames" or "Fixed Frames" doesn't matter.
Tim: I am using a Unix system and the browser doesn't seem to support
jscript.

JScript or Javascript? JScript is MSIE only. But I think you mean
Javascript.

Then you are out of luck, completely. Unless you use some other plugin
(Flash, Java, etc.) That would let you mimic the frames view.

Gary

Randy Webb said the following on Fri, Apr 21 2006 11:10 am

=Gary said the following on 4/21/2006 1:54 PM:
=
=Please quote what you are replying to.
=
=If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
="Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
=the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
=article headers.

Thank you for that information.
I was replying from work. They supply an old netscape browser,
"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20041214".
The "show options" at the top of the article looks like it is written
over the top something else. The link doesn't work. When at work I
will manually "quote" what I am replying to.

=
=
=> Thanks for the replys.
=
=> Stephen: I am using iframes not fixed frames so I don't have
framesets.
=
=IFrames and Frames are accessed with the same syntax so whether it is
="IFrames" or "Fixed Frames" doesn't matter.

Ok, I will try again to see if I can make the example work.
It didn't work the first time I tried it. The example states
"SynchScroll
facilitates proportional, synchronised, bi-axial scrolling of multiple
frames
in a frame set.". So after reading that I guess I gave up when it
didn't
work right away.

=
=> Tim: I am using a Unix system and the browser doesn't seem to
support
=> jscript.
=
=JScript or Javascript? JScript is MSIE only. But I think you mean
=Javascript.

His example was in JScript, note the link was to msdn.microsoft.com,
and I wanted to
thank him for his post. Yes I meant JScript.

=