Scrolling whole page when using frameset.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,

    I declared my html page with frameset.
    Height of total page is more then 600 pixels,
    so in screen of 800x600 I cannot scroll.
    I don't want to scroll just one frame - but I want to scroll the whole page.

    I did something like this :

    <frameset cols = "*,776,*" FRAMEBORDER=0 BORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0
    FRAMEPADDING=0>
    <frame SCROLLING="NO" NORESIZE />
    <frameset rows = "129,*" FRAMEBORDER=0 BORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0
    FRAMEPADDING=0>
    <frame src = "table1.html" SCROLLING="NO" NORESIZE/>
    <frameset cols = "*,180" FRAMEBORDER=0 BORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0
    FRAMEPADDING=0>
    <frame src = "table2.html" SCROLLING="NO" NORESIZE />
    <frame src = "table3.html" SCROLLING="NO" NORESIZE />
    </frameset>
    </frameset>
    <frame />
    </frameset>

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003

  2. In article <3fc7e51d$1@news.012.net.il>, says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I declared my html page with frameset.
    > Height of total page is more then 600 pixels,
    > so in screen of 800x600 I cannot scroll.
    > I don't want to scroll just one frame - but I want to scroll the whole page.

    Then don't use frames.

    > I did something like this :

    Eww.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Thanks,
    but I find a way to scroll :

    I don't know if this is the best solution,
    and for iframe (What year & version Netscape supports iframes ?),
    but what I did is another html, that has a reference to the html with frames
    like this :

    <iframe src = "html_with_frames.html" width = "100%" height = "550"
    frameborder = "0" scrolling = "no" />

    Height is the total height, that doesn't change in any resolution (what is
    changed is only the width).

    Thanks, anyway :)

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003