Search a .txt file with a .asp file

Josh

I would like to search a text file on my server and then alert me on
if the current date exist in that file. Any one have any code that
searches text files.

thanks in advance

Jeff Cochran

I would like to search a text file on my server and then alert me on
if the current date exist in that file. Any one have any code that
searches text files.

What would the current data be? You can use FSO and open, then read a
text file, and parse through it. If you knew what you were looking
for, an INSTR would probably find it as well.

Jeff

Josh Williams

I am trying to search for

the current date, to see if it gets posted to this file.