    another library.

    Where I can find it?

    Thks
    Yannick, Feb 27, 2009

  2. Yannick

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Location:
    Denmark
    Hi

    It properly depends on which enviroment (ISE) your using but try to include this in your source code.

    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.ALL;

    Could be this in our case

    library arithmetic;
    use arithmetic.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;

    Your welcome
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    jeppe, Feb 27, 2009

  3. Yannick

    Tricky Guest

    On Feb 27, 12:46 pm, Yannick <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to use the arithmetic library but I don't find it!
    >
    > I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith and I don't want change for
    > another library.
    >
    > Where I can find it?
    >
    > Thks

    std_logic_arith is usually in the ieee library.
    But dont use that, use ieee.numeric_std instead.
    Tricky, Feb 27, 2009
  4. Yannick

    Andy Peters Guest

    On Feb 27, 5:46 am, Yannick <> wrote:

    > I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith

    No, you don't ...

    -a
    Andy Peters, Mar 2, 2009
  5. Yannick

    Yannick Guest

    On 2 mar, 20:50, Andy Peters <> wrote:
    > On Feb 27, 5:46 am, Yannick <> wrote:
    >
    > > I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith

    > No, you don't ...
    >
    > -a

    I know that I can use iee library iee but this is not a acceptable
    solution.
    If you don't know where I can find it, please don't reply!

    Nobody know where I can find this library ? (This is the question)

    Thanks
    Yannick, Mar 8, 2009
  6. Yannick

    Jacko Guest

    On 27 Feb, 12:46, Yannick <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to use the arithmetic library but I don't find it!
    >
    > I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith and I don't want change for
    > another library.
    >
    > Where I can find it?
    >
    > Thks

    Useually for standard libraries they will be in the ieee tree. I say
    use which ever you want, they are very similar, but some type
    conversion issues exist.

    library ieee;

    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    use ieee.std_logic_arith.all;

    you could use ieee.numeric_std.all as well or instead of this will
    slightly change the code needed, i.e. a slight cast changing, but not
    much else will differ. The packages differ IIRC in that
    std_logic_arith has arithmetic functions which produce
    std_logic_vector, where as numeric_std is focused on producing numeric
    results, which then can be cast/autocast to std_logic_vector.

    There are many opinions, but i have had no concrete rational as to why
    one is better than the other.

    cheers jacko
    Jacko, Mar 9, 2009
  7. Yannick

    Yannick Guest

    On 9 mar, 19:51, Jacko <> wrote:
    > On 27 Feb, 12:46, Yannick <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I need to use the arithmetic library but I don't find it!

    > > I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith and I don't want change for
    > > another library.

    > > Where I can find it?

    > > Thks

    > Useually for standard libraries they will be in the ieee tree. I say
    > use which ever you want, they are very similar, but some type
    > conversion issues exist.
    >
    > library ieee;
    >
    > use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    > use ieee.std_logic_arith.all;
    >
    > you could use ieee.numeric_std.all as well or instead of this will
    > slightly change the code needed, i.e. a slight cast changing, but not
    > much else will differ. The packages differ IIRC in that
    > std_logic_arith has arithmetic functions which produce
    > std_logic_vector, where as numeric_std is focused on producing numeric
    > results, which then can be cast/autocast to std_logic_vector.
    >
    > There are many opinions, but i have had no concrete rational as to why
    > one is better than the other.
    >
    > cheers jacko

    I try to simulate a old design on ACTEL. For safety and no more step,
    I need to use the same
    library than the first compilation in 1999.

    I know ieee library and I use it for all my design but I can't to use
    it here. I haven't any choice, it's the protocol.

    Voila

    thanks

    yannick
    Yannick, Mar 12, 2009
  8. Yannick

    Yannick Guest

    On 12 mar, 17:34, Alan Fitch <> wrote:
    > Yannick wrote:
    > > On 9 mar, 19:51, Jacko <> wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > > I try to simulate a old design on ACTEL. For safety and no more step,
    > > I need to use the same
    > > library than the first compilation in 1999.

    > > I know ieee library and I use it for all my design but I can't to use
    > > it here. I haven't any choice, it's the protocol.

    > > Voila

    > > thanks

    > > yannick

    > I would suggest you contact Actel Technical Support at ,
    > they may be able to make obsolete versions of their design software
    > available to you,
    >
    > regards
    > Alan
    >
    > --