    product names (like in google suggest). I hear AJAX, can that be used with
    ASP scripts?

    Benny

    Benny, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Benny wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are planning to improve the present search (Product DB search). Is
    > there any way on ASP script to make an auto complete text box, loaded

    This is more of a client-side scripting question, since ASP (server-side
    technology) does not know what a textbox is. Try
    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

    > with the product names (like in google suggest). I hear AJAX, can
    > that be used with ASP scripts?

    AJAX is for ASP.Net. It uses the XMLHTTPRequest object, which can be used in
    html pages. Do a google groups search for that term, using the advanced
    search features to limit your search to .scripting.jscript.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 1, 2005

  3. Benny

    Benny Guest

    Yes, I find AJAX is not for ASP and supported only in .NET

    Many thanks

    Benny, Dec 6, 2005
  4. Benny

    Larry Bud Guest

    Benny wrote:
    > Yes, I find AJAX is not for ASP and supported only in .NET

    Huh?

    You can absolutely use remote scripting in ASP. I do it all the time.

    See google for

    XMLHttpRequest

    Larry Bud, Dec 6, 2005
  5. Benny