search database

Guoqi Zheng

Dear sir,

I have over 2000 products with detail information on database.

I would like to offer our visitors an advanced search function to search our
database. Currently, I am using the like % keyword in Ms Sql to offer the
search function. However, I found that function not enough when people like
to search a sentence or when dealing with search result ranking.

Can some one point out a good article/source code for database searching in
ASP.NET(VB.NET)? How can I create an advanced full text search function
without using the full text index from Ms Sql?

Thanks in advanced.

Guoqi Zheng

That uses the Full Text search from Ms Sql. It is nice, however, Ms Sql Full
Text Search has its own ranking system, I can not break into the ranking.

I would like to control the ranking myself. And idea how to write a search
engine like Google?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Guoqi Zheng