Search engine optimization Question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Paul Isaak, May 3, 2004.

  1. Paul Isaak

    Paul Isaak Guest

    What would you recommend doing to improve search engine placement when
    people search for me using a misspelling of my name?

    I am a comedy performer, and currently enjoy google & yahoo's #1 positions
    if you search for my name with the correct spelling. However, no one spells
    my name correctly, and I don't rank in the first 99 PAGES with the
    misspells. I've tried adding the most common spellings to my keywords tags,
    but so far no luck.

    I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
    a page

    All ideas are appreciated.

    Paul

    --
    The Comedy & Juggling of Paul Isaak
    http://www.funnyjuggler.com
    Paul Isaak, May 3, 2004

  2. Paul Isaak

    C.W. Guest

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 16:16:48 GMT, "Paul Isaak" <>
    wrote:

    >I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
    >a page

    I can - since you said you are a comedy performer - where you could
    add a sentence or two of misspellings of your last name just to poke
    fun about the misspellings of your own name on the main page; perhaps
    at the bottom as a comical disclaimer or footer type message.

    Adding the misspelling to the META keywords may not be helpful since
    the misspellings are not appearing in the page itself to give those
    keywords listed any "weight". Recall that META tags have been abused
    in the past by folks sharing not only misspellings but also unrelated
    words in that section in hopes of tricking the search engine to
    placing that page into the results somewhere.

    Carol
    C.W., May 3, 2004

  3. Paul Isaak

    Big Bill Guest

    wrote:

    >What would you recommend doing to improve search engine placement when
    >people search for me using a misspelling of my name?
    >
    >I am a comedy performer, and currently enjoy google & yahoo's #1 positions
    >if you search for my name with the correct spelling. However, no one spells
    >my name correctly, and I don't rank in the first 99 PAGES with the
    >misspells. I've tried adding the most common spellings to my keywords tags,
    >but so far no luck.
    >

    >I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
    >a page
    >

    >All ideas are appreciated.
    >
    >Paul

    Put up a separate page optimised for each usual mispelling. On each
    page explain the issue and offer a link to your real site.

    BB
    Big Bill, May 3, 2004
  4. Paul Isaak

    OJ Guest

    "Paul Isaak" <> wrote in message news:<Qfulc.356523$oR5.54615@pd7tw3no>...
    > What would you recommend doing to improve search engine placement when
    > people search for me using a misspelling of my name?
    >
    > I am a comedy performer, and currently enjoy google & yahoo's #1 positions
    > if you search for my name with the correct spelling. However, no one spells
    > my name correctly, and I don't rank in the first 99 PAGES with the
    > misspells. I've tried adding the most common spellings to my keywords tags,
    > but so far no luck.
    >

    > I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
    > a page
    >

    > All ideas are appreciated.
    >
    > Paul

    Hi,

    Personally, I would be more concerned with searches for what you are
    then who you are - ie "funny juggler" vs. "your name" . Some one is
    more likely to think "I heard about that funny juggler guy on the
    tonight show", then "I saw that Paul something guy. What was his
    name?". I just don't get why people are so concerned with getting
    their name ranked high, instead of what they are doing.

    oj
    OJ, May 4, 2004

  5. > I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content

    of
    > a page

    > --
    > The Comedy & Juggling of Paul Isaak
    > http://www.funnyjuggler.com
    > 1-877-852-4590

    Why not change your stage name?

    Bob the funny juggler. You could also write how people never can spell your
    name. For example, In the last few months people have been writing to me
    about that trick where I juggle a sack full of eyes. No no, I say it's my
    name, Paul Isaak. I get letters calling me Paul Assock, Paul IsAttack, Paul
    is sick etc. I guess it's the educashun system that isn't wurking.
    Christopher R, May 4, 2004