Search engine optimization Question

Paul Isaak

What would you recommend doing to improve search engine placement when
people search for me using a misspelling of my name?

I am a comedy performer, and currently enjoy google & yahoo's #1 positions
if you search for my name with the correct spelling. However, no one spells
my name correctly, and I don't rank in the first 99 PAGES with the
misspells. I've tried adding the most common spellings to my keywords tags,
but so far no luck.

I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
a page

All ideas are appreciated.

Paul

C.W.

I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
a page

I can - since you said you are a comedy performer - where you could
add a sentence or two of misspellings of your last name just to poke
fun about the misspellings of your own name on the main page; perhaps
at the bottom as a comical disclaimer or footer type message.

Adding the misspelling to the META keywords may not be helpful since
the misspellings are not appearing in the page itself to give those
keywords listed any "weight". Recall that META tags have been abused
in the past by folks sharing not only misspellings but also unrelated
words in that section in hopes of tricking the search engine to
placing that page into the results somewhere.

Carol

Big Bill

What would you recommend doing to improve search engine placement when
people search for me using a misspelling of my name?

I am a comedy performer, and currently enjoy google & yahoo's #1 positions
if you search for my name with the correct spelling. However, no one spells
my name correctly, and I don't rank in the first 99 PAGES with the
misspells. I've tried adding the most common spellings to my keywords tags,
but so far no luck.

I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
a page

All ideas are appreciated.

Paul

Put up a separate page optimised for each usual mispelling. On each
page explain the issue and offer a link to your real site.

BB

OJ

Paul Isaak said:
What would you recommend doing to improve search engine placement when
people search for me using a misspelling of my name?

I am a comedy performer, and currently enjoy google & yahoo's #1 positions
if you search for my name with the correct spelling. However, no one spells
my name correctly, and I don't rank in the first 99 PAGES with the
misspells. I've tried adding the most common spellings to my keywords tags,
but so far no luck.

I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
a page

All ideas are appreciated.

Paul

Hi,

Personally, I would be more concerned with searches for what you are
then who you are - ie "funny juggler" vs. "your name" . Some one is
more likely to think "I heard about that funny juggler guy on the
tonight show", then "I saw that Paul something guy. What was his
name?". I just don't get why people are so concerned with getting
their name ranked high, instead of what they are doing.

oj

Christopher R

I don't really see any good way of including the misspells in the content of
a page

Why not change your stage name?

Bob the funny juggler. You could also write how people never can spell your
name. For example, In the last few months people have been writing to me
about that trick where I juggle a sack full of eyes. No no, I say it's my
name, Paul Isaak. I get letters calling me Paul Assock, Paul IsAttack, Paul
is sick etc. I guess it's the educashun system that isn't wurking.