search engine rankings

Guest

hey all,
what determines how high a website's ranking will appear after being
searched? what can i do to my website to give it a good chance of being
ranked pretty high?

thanks,
rodchar

haries.ahmad

rodchar menuliskan:
hey all,
what determines how high a website's ranking will appear after being
searched? what can i do to my website to give it a good chance of being
ranked pretty high?

thanks,
rodchar

Hi Rodchar.. from my expericen you can use this tips.

1. Design search engine friendly website
-it means you should put some text on your website, if there's only
image on your website. search engine will see it as a blank pages.

-all of you pages must be accesible from other pages, at least from 1
static link

-No error on your web pages.. check it first before you publish it.
most commong error are:
No Title
No Keywords, less keywords, or irrelevant key word.
No Description or less description.

note: you can use this tool on the net http://validator.w3.org to
validate your html.

2. use web directory such as, directory.google.com.. or you can
search in the net.

3.use a good Keywords and description. Change it often. you can see
what user search on the net using this overture tools.

4.Make a good content. if you have a good content on your website..
automatically people will come to your website.

5. Avoid to many nested tables.

6.submit your sitemap to the search engines.

CMIIW..

cheers

Mark Fitzpatrick

In addition to the other wonderful information posted here, you'll also want
to ensure that other sites link to you. Google's serach mechanism works
heavily on a theory of relevance. If more people link to your site, they
believe you are a relevant authority on whatever topic you write about. The
more links the merrier generally though it's worth noting that Google does a
lot of work to eliminate sites that are "link farms" from the calculation of
your site's page rank. Also, the length of ownership of your domain name can
have relevance. Short-term domain names are sometimes penalized as they may
be fly-by-night operations that are essentially link malls to help other
sites increase their page rank. The longer you've had your domain name the
more it will work in your favor.

Mike

You can also pay a fee and based on your fee will determine how your ranked
in the search engines.