Search engines and asp.net sites

Mantorok

Hi

Can anyone advise me on how I can get my asp.net site to be searchable from
search sites such as Google?

I have absolutely no idea where start, where to go to get the site involved
in searching - and whether I need to do anything on my pages to help with
search requests?

Thanks
Kev

Jay Douglas

Mantorok

Thanks for that, appreciated.

Kev

Jay Douglas said:
If you haven't done so already, add your site to the DMOZ directory,
Google, AOL, and many other search engines use this free directory. You
can add your site at:
http://dmoz.org/add.html

As for optimizing your website to get the rankings you desire for certain
keywords, this is a subject matter some professionals dedicate their who
career to. Here are a couple of resources I reference:

http://www.webpronews.com/

http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/tips/submit-it-tips.mspx?cid=0081

Mantorok

Thanks for that - the site is not out there yet so google won't be indexing
it.

Kev

Juan T. Llibre

OK...

In that case, there's submission pages for each indexing service.

Yahoo's, for example, is at : http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html

Also, there's free submission services, like :
http://www.ineedhits.com/free-tools/submit-free.aspx
which submit your site's base URL to many indexing spiders.
ineedhits submits your URL to 20 popular spiders.

It's a fast way to get your site instantly on the major hit engines.

There's also paid and link-exchange based submission services. See :
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM=TOOLBR&q="submission+service"+index
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="submission+service"+index&btnG=Google+Search