Search engines caching php and html pages

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 15, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Chris Hope Guest

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/temperature-in-svezia-novembre-2004.php
    > with

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/temperature-in-svezia-novembre-2004.html

    Search engines read HTML pages. What your PHP page creates is an HTML page.
    So yes, search engines can read PHP pages.

    Chris Hope, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Dave Patton Guest

    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in

    > I wonder whether and how search engines can index php pages.

    They can do it, and quite easily, because there is no such thing
    as a "php page". Presuming a properly configured server, an
    HTTP request for a resource that is a '.php' file will result
    in that file being parsed by the PHP preprocessor, which will
    output (x)HTML, which is also what happens when a resource is
    requested that is a '.html' file.

    > -- Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    Please fix your signature block. It should start
    with "-- "(two dashes and a space, without the quotes)
    on a line by itself.

    --
    Dave Patton
    http://www.confluence.org/
    Dave Patton, Nov 16, 2004
  4. "Dave Patton" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I wonder whether and how search engines can index php pages.

    > They can do it, and quite easily, because there is no such thing
    > as a "php page". Presuming a properly configured server, an
    > HTTP request for a resource that is a '.php' file will result
    > in that file being parsed by the PHP preprocessor, which will
    > output (x)HTML, which is also what happens when a resource is
    > requested that is a '.html' file.
    >
    > > -- Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    > Please fix your signature block. It should start
    > with "-- "(two dashes and a space, without the quotes)
    > on a line by itself.

    Is the signature block ok now?
    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    http://www.italymap.dk/
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero

    >> > -- Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    >> Please fix your signature block. It should start
    >> with "-- "(two dashes and a space, without the quotes)
    >> on a line by itself.

    > Is the signature block ok now?

    Yes, it is :)

    When you use a proper signature block delimiter, good newsreader
    software will automatically trim the signature block when someone
    replies to your postings.

    --
    Dave Patton
    http://www.confluence.org/
    Dave Patton, Nov 16, 2004
  6. .oO(Luigi Donatello Asero)

    >I wonder whether and how search engines can index php pages. Or can they
    >only save a cache for html pages?

    A SE indexes whatever it can get, it doesn't matter how the pages are
    generated. But there's a caching issue with PHP by default (affecting
    proxy and browser caches).

    Cacheable (HTML):
    <http://www.web-caching.com/cgi-web-caching/cacheability.py?query=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com%2Fit%2Ftemperature-in-svezia-novembre-2004.html>

    Not cacheable (PHP):
    <http://www.web-caching.com/cgi-web-caching/cacheability.py?query=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com%2Fit%2Ftemperature-in-svezia-novembre-2004.php>

    Have a look at

    Caching Tutorial
    http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

    Micha
    Michael Fesser, Nov 16, 2004
  7. "Michael Fesser" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > .oO(Luigi Donatello Asero)
    >
    > >I wonder whether and how search engines can index php pages. Or can they
    > >only save a cache for html pages?

    > A SE indexes whatever it can get, it doesn't matter how the pages are
    > generated. But there's a caching issue with PHP by default (affecting
    > proxy and browser caches).
    >
    > Cacheable (HTML):

    <http://www.web-caching.com/cgi-web-caching/cacheability.py?query=http:/
    %2Fwww.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com%2Fit%2Ftemperature-in-svezia-novembre-2004.html

    Well, the time which is shown is the one which is valid on that page is the
    one which is valid in Italy and not in Greenwich.
    (Greenwich Mean Time)
    The Time is written in Italian. Should I write "ora italiana" (italian
    time)?

    --
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeisverige.html
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 16, 2004