    me.
    thank you
    steve
    steve, Nov 18, 2004

  2. steve

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    steve wrote:
    > can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine
    > submitter so that i can put my site around a bit.

    Don't use such tools.
    Submit manually to the main SE's
    Make sure your site is content rich, correctly built and try to get some
    backward links from other sites with high ranking.

    --
    Nico
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 18, 2004

  3. steve

    Big Bill Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:32:03 +0100, "steve"
    <> wrote:

    >can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine submitter so
    >that i can put my site around a bit.
    >i dont seem to have too much luck finding one that wont spam the hell out of
    >me.
    >thank you
    >steve

    You don't have to submit to the engines anymore these days. What you
    do need is a link to your site from a site that's already in a few and
    has content that changes regularly. Then you'll get spidered yourself
    automatically.

    BB

    --
    www.kruse.co.uk
    home of SEO that's shiny!
    Big Bill, Nov 18, 2004
  4. "steve" <> wrote in message
    > can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine submitter
    > so
    > that i can put my site around a bit.
    > i dont seem to have too much luck finding one that wont spam the hell out
    > of
    > me.

    Don't use a search engine tool. They are completely worthless, unless your
    goal is to fill up your inbox with spam. Go to the individual search
    engines and manually submit your site. Make sure you have a content-rich
    site with an appropriate "title" tag and that you get alot of other sites to
    link to you.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
    http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Nov 18, 2004
  5. steve

    SE Guest

    <alt.html , steve , >
    <cnj0su$j9o$-muenster.de>
    <Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:32:03 +0100>

    > can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine submitter so
    > that i can put my site around a bit.
    > i dont seem to have too much luck finding one that wont spam the hell out of
    > me.

    http://beta.search.msn.com

    I submitted the url below about 10 days ago and while it got crawled by
    the msn bot a few days after going by the server logs it hasnt shown up
    yet on the actual search engine - but I havent had any spam yet either .

    Searching for www.smtpemail.co.uk comes up as nothing found .

    TMK google takes about 6 weeks if you submit a url and like others have
    said its usually quicker just to put the link for it on a website thats
    already gets spidered .

    --
    www.smtpemail.co.uk
    SE, Nov 19, 2004
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    thanx for all of your replies! helped a lot.

    steve0
    steve, Nov 20, 2004