search engines?

steve

can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine submitter so
that i can put my site around a bit.
i dont seem to have too much luck finding one that wont spam the hell out of
me.
thank you
steve

Nico Schuyt

steve said:
can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine
submitter so that i can put my site around a bit.

Don't use such tools.
Submit manually to the main SE's
Make sure your site is content rich, correctly built and try to get some
backward links from other sites with high ranking.

Big Bill

can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine submitter so
that i can put my site around a bit.
i dont seem to have too much luck finding one that wont spam the hell out of
me.
thank you
steve

You don't have to submit to the engines anymore these days. What you
do need is a link to your site from a site that's already in a few and
has content that changes regularly. Then you'll get spidered yourself
automatically.

BB

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

steve said:
can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine submitter
so
that i can put my site around a bit.
i dont seem to have too much luck finding one that wont spam the hell out
of
me.

Don't use a search engine tool. They are completely worthless, unless your
goal is to fill up your inbox with spam. Go to the individual search
engines and manually submit your site. Make sure you have a content-rich
site with an appropriate "title" tag and that you get alot of other sites to
link to you.

--Tina

SE

<alt.html , steve , (e-mail address removed)>
<[email protected]>
can someone please point me toward a decent free search engine submitter so
that i can put my site around a bit.
i dont seem to have too much luck finding one that wont spam the hell out of
me.

http://beta.search.msn.com

I submitted the url below about 10 days ago and while it got crawled by
the msn bot a few days after going by the server logs it hasnt shown up
yet on the actual search engine - but I havent had any spam yet either .

Searching for www.smtpemail.co.uk comes up as nothing found .

TMK google takes about 6 weeks if you submit a url and like others have
said its usually quicker just to put the link for it on a website thats
already gets spidered .