    Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
    http://www.craven-birds.co.uk/
    anti-virus system.

    Craven Birds, Jul 25, 2004

  2. Craven Birds

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, Craven Birds says...

    http://tinyurl.com/mxye

    --
    Hywel

    http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/

    Hywel, Jul 25, 2004

  3. Craven Birds

    Craven Birds Guest

    "Hywel" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Craven Birds says...
    > > Newbie:
    > >
    > > Anyone out there who can direct me to a programme/script et al that will
    > > allow me to incorporate a search engine feature for a specific website?
    > >
    > > Tried using dreamweaver to do it but to be honest it's beyond me:-(

    > http://tinyurl.com/mxye

    Cheers, I'll have read. I didn'y find this site 'googling.'

    ATB

    Regards,
    Chris

    Craven Birds, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Craven Birds

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:13:05 +0100, Craven Birds wrote:

    > Anyone out there who can direct me to a programme/script et al that will
    > allow me to incorporate a search engine feature for a specific website?

    The alt.internet.search-engines FAQ has this to say:
    (Source: http://www.internet-search-engines-faq.com/site-search.shtml)
    (Note: This looks significantly better in HTML)

    How do I add a site search feature to my web site?

    A site search feature is an option to enable your web users to search your
    entire web site for the content they are looking for.

    The two general methods of implementing a site search are:

    ..Site Search Online Services
    ..Site Search Server Based Programs
    ..Site Search Online Services

    FreeFind is an online service that will automatically create, update and
    host a site search feature for you. FreeFind is free for personal use on
    sites with less than 32MB of HTML. FreeFind also creates a site map for
    your site.

    Google's Customizable Free Search is a useful tool that implements a site
    search using the Google database along with an option to use Google to
    search the entire Internet.

    FreeFind is a better tool to use if Google doesn't index your site
    frequently. FreeFind will index your site whenever you choose.

    Google's site search has a slightly more attractive user interface.

    Other services which implement and host site searches include:

    ..FusionBot
    ..BraveNet Site Search
    ..Atomz
    ..SpaceSurfer MiniSearch
    ..WhatUSeek SiteLevel
    ..Site Search Server Based Programs

    Some webmasters prefer to install and use a site search program on their
    server. This is a greater administrative burden, but it also gives the
    webmaster greater control over his site search.

    Most of these server based site search systems are PERL scripts.

    The current leader in site search is ht://dig. However, ht://dig is
    powerful and can be complex to setup. A smaller and easier package might
    be better for your needs.

    Other software packages which implement site search include:

    ..aspseek
    ..DataparkSearch
    ..nutch
    ..mnoGoSearch
    ..site Search
    ..Simple Search
    ..Fluid Dynamics Search Engine
    ..Perlfect Search
    ..KSearch
    ..Hukilau Search Engine
    ..JA Search
    ..eXtropia Site Search

    --
    Will
    Webmaster: http://www.internet-search-engines-faq.com

    Will Spencer, Jul 25, 2004
  5. Craven Birds

    klinky Guest

    :
    : .Site Search Online Services
    : .Site Search Server Based Programs
    : .Site Search Online Services
    :
    : FreeFind is an online service that will automatically create, update and
    : host a site search feature for you. FreeFind is free for personal use on
    : sites with less than 32MB of HTML. FreeFind also creates a site map for
    : your site.
    :
    : Google's Customizable Free Search is a useful tool that implements a site
    : search using the Google database along with an option to use Google to
    : search the entire Internet.

    Google updates my site quite frequently. But the big plus is that your
    _ranking_ improves with them, and they will spider your site much quicker (I
    have known people to wait in excess of 6 months). Furthermore, Google
    enhances your image and credibility. Google is well-respected.

    www.sabf.co.za loves Google.

    Sid

    klinky, Jul 25, 2004
  6. Craven Birds

    data64 Guest

    "Craven Birds" <> wrote in news::

    > Newbie:
    >
    > Anyone out there who can direct me to a programme/script et al that will
    > allow me to incorporate a search engine feature for a specific website?
    >
    > Tried using dreamweaver to do it but to be honest it's beyond me:-(
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > Regards,
    > Chris

    We use the open source Swish-E (http://swish-e.org/).
    I found it to be really flexible, extensible, fast and provided relevant
    results for the most part.

    data64

    data64, Jul 27, 2004
  7. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:13:05 +0100, "Craven Birds" <>
    wrote:

    > Newbie:
    >
    > Anyone out there who can direct me to a programme/script et al that will
    > allow me to incorporate a search engine feature for a specific website?
    >
    > Tried using dreamweaver to do it but to be honest it's beyond me:-(

    Go to http://www.atomz.com

    Charles.Angelich

    MP3/WMA streaming:
    http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/samples.asp